v18 Many bugs in Live TV
With recent builds, some channels are launched as a radio, when you switch to another channel, a fragment of the video of the last channel is visible. During the second or third start, the channel is started correctly.
(2018-04-23, 19:25)Shprot Wrote: With recent builds, some channels are launched as a radio, when you switch to another channel, a fragment of the video of the last channel is visible. During the second or third start, the channel is started correctly.

If it consistently/always happens on a particular channel, the problem is most likely with the encoding of the video stream. That can mean the stream coming into Tvheadend, the way that Tvheadend is repackaging the stream for transmission via HTSP, or that Kodi can not understand the video it is receiving from Tvheadend.

If it only happens occasionally on a channel, the problem is most likely that Tvheadend is having problems receiving/decoding the video stream it is receiving and therefore it is not being sent to Kodi.

I don't believe that you've yet indicated which of those two situations is the case. Also, I don't believe that you have shared information about the hardware/libraries that Tvheadend is running on. It could be a case that your Tvheadend server is having problems keeping up with the decoding of the video stream, and cannot determine its format. It could also be a problem with the stream from your adapter into Tvheadend. (When viewing a stream directly from my adapter as opposed to Tvheadend, I often notice a slew of error messages about improper or missing data about the video frames before the software is able to start displaying anything; perhaps you are in a similar situation.)
(2018-04-23, 20:49)rpcameron Wrote: If it only happens occasionally on a channel, the problem is most likely that Tvheadend is having problems receiving/decoding the video stream it is receiving and therefore it is not being sent to Kodi.

This can happen on any channel. It doesn't matter what codec he's in. in vlc no such problems, but the profile for vlc other - pass
Both problems occur intermittently. And due to the fact that the video appears after 10 seconds, the sound begins to distort, especially noticeable on music channels.

I still think that the problem in Kodi. Because as I wrote in previous messages, there are no such problems in SPMC, but it is alas no longer supported and I deleted it.
Do you have these problems on a stable/release version of Kodi (such as 17.6), or is it limited to the alpha-quality bugs-to-be-expected version 18?

Also, I'll reiterate the problem may be your Tvheadend server. When using VLC and other apps the feed is not using HTSP, but it is in Kodi. That would account for the discrepancies between your experiences.
17.6 there is no such problem, but there are many others, so I switched to 18. 

(2018-04-24, 00:14)rpcameron Wrote: Also, I'll reiterate the problem may be your Tvheadend server. 
I can give access to my tvheadend and you can check how it will work for you.
Well, if you aren't having a problem with stable software, perhaps you ought to consider using that for your frontends. Have you filed a bug report with Kodi about your problems, or checked the existing bugs to see if your problem has already been reported?

While there are some great improvements in Kodi 18 (I personally noted great performance improvements, as well as great benefits to the new PVR API), it is still very much alpha software. Until Kodi 18 reaches at least RC status, you really ought to use something stable for your frontends. However, since your issues aren't reliably reproducible, it's hard to say what the root really is. Generally, it's only when the situations of an error/problem can be reliably reproduced that it can be diagnosed.
In the last build from 24.04 returned another problem. The audio track on some channels was not determined. 
In the version from 23.04 paths are defined correctly. There is a same problem with Kodi 17.6. 

About my problems I reported only in this subject. Should I send it somewhere else?
(2018-04-24, 09:27)Shprot Wrote: In the last build from 24.04 returned another problem. The audio track on some channels was not determined. 
In the version from 23.04 paths are defined correctly. There is a same problem with Kodi 17.6. 

About my problems I reported only in this subject. Should I send it somewhere else?

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Submit_a_bug_report
(2018-04-24, 15:10)rpcameron Wrote: HOW-TO:Submit_a_bug_report(wiki)

Thanks.

Tonight i have tried many different versions of tvheadend and kinds of threads. On all problems identical. Whether 4.3.x or 4.0.x or 4.2.x.
IPTV or satellite or dvb-T2. Same problems everywhere. So this is definitely not a tvheadend problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many bugs in Live TV0