v18 DVD/BluRay directories library issue
Hello everyone, 

I have a lot of duplicated movies after a library scan. Some of my movies are ripped DVDs or Blurays and i don't know how to avoid files like 00001.m2ts or *.VOB from becoming duplicated movies at library.
     My kodi version is 18, build kodi-20180417-e1328900-master-arm64-v8a.apk for Android.
     I've tried to load all .nfo from movies directory (I did a complete Ember Media Manager scrape), but the scan still read all files/folders and the library was messy once again.
     How is the best way to solve this?
Hello @seteBR

Most of my library is BluRay and DVD folders, and I have not experienced your issue. If you want to use bluray and dvd folders, you must keep the rip intact. You can't just pluck out the vob and m2ts files and stick them in a folder.

Your Bluray and DVD folders must look like this....

You will notice that the folder structure is preserved and the VIDEO_TS.IFO and index.bdmv files are intact.

If you just want the mt2s and vob files on their own, then need to be merged into one file and appropriately named in accordance with the File Naming conventions... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello @Karellen 

The rip is intact. I'll try a v17 release and see if it happens. My old library was done by v17 and the dupe wasn't there.
Ok,

Then can you provide a Debug Log which captures the Update Library process and actually scrapes some movies, even if this means removing a few movies from the library and re-scraping.

Full instructions are in my signature below, but here is a quick guide...

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the results to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen,

I did an one movie (Independece Day) scan and the log is at https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/3dPTdcfWHG/.

Thanks a lot for your prompt help!
Yes, interesting. It is basically trying to add every file it can find. I don't think I have seen that before.

Found matching full NFO file: sftp://1.1.1.1:22/NFS-gDrive/Movies/1080p/INDEPENDENCE_DAY_RESURGENCE_HDCLUB/movie.nfo

In that path above, which is the folder you have set as the Source in Kodi?

The setting Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title located in Videos>Files>Your Source>Context Menu>Change Content. Is this Enabled or Disabled? Ensure it is Enabled and try scraping the movie again.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Set_Content
My Signature
For the first test only one movie/dir was used. Something like Movies/INDEPENDENCE.../
I did a new test with the main folder (KodiScrapperTest) and 3 Movies/dir. 

Log

Log - Full

Main Directory 

Movie Library

Then i did a third scan (Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title - Enabled) and it was a lot worse.

Log

Log - Full

Movie Library

Second Scan = 3 Movies Dir / 15 Library Movies
Third Scan = 3 Movies Dir (Movies ... Separated Folder ... Enabled) / 595 Library Movies
@seteBR

In your second post, you state that you had no problems with v17 and that you were going to try that version again. Did you? If yes, were there any problems?

I am hoping you could test an older version of v18. I would like to see if the problem is specific to just the version you installed. Can you test with Kodi v18 "Leia" Alpha 1 located in the Pre-Release tab https://kodi.tv/download
My Signature
@Karellen 

I did, but without success. I have a kodibuntu machine here (v17.6) and i don't know why but the DB is OK.
    The v18 Alpha has the same issue (3 Movies/DIR = 16 Library movies).
I'm having the same issue. 
I've worked around this by remuxig most movies, but some just can't be remuxed due to you need to keep the folder / blu-ray folder structure for the "disc" to be useful. Like the Dolby Atmos demonstration discs, that have a lot of clips and interactivity where you chose from the menu what you want to do.

There has to be some way to fix this? I see it with several Blu-ray movies that aren't remuxed. Source settings are as suggested above.
I'm having a sneaking suspicion that this is due to a bug in kodi's blu-ray support in the library. But I'm just throwing stones in a glass house here.

Uncheck "Scan Recursively" and make sure "Use Foldername for Lookups" is selected does NOT help. And this is also a pretty bad solution, since you would need to have a separate source (and folder/share) for un-remuxed blu-rays.
Hegel H590 amp. Dynaudio C2 speakers. ELAC 2030 sub. Nordost red dawn MKII speaker cables.
Sony KD-85XG9505 85" TV.
@JKJK

You will need to provide a debug log. Full instructions are in my signature below, but here is a quick guide...

1. Enable Debugging mode.
    a. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or
    b. press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi. Do not skip this step or you may be asked to do it again.
  3. Replicate the problem. Now that debug mode is enabled, repeat the steps that cause the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki) (see next section for more details), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki)
    With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post in your thread.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD/BluRay directories library issue0