How can I sync more than the libraries between two KODI raspis?
Hi,

I have two raspis running the same version of kodi (installed the same [latest as of last week] build, and managing updates centrally with ansible).

I already found the instructions to synchronize libraries by using NFS (my raspis use NFS and NIS anyway) and a central MySQL database, but is there a simple way to synchronize other stuff? Like settings and plugins? I want to have those two kodi setups be identical in every aspect.

Any ideas?

Cheers
MH
The MySQL database(s) only contain metadata to videos and/or music. Addons or their installations will not be shared via a central database.
If you have identical hardware setups, you can do backup of one Kodi device, and do a restore of that backup on your one or more other Kodi devices.
Creating a backup and restoring it on the other raspi would be a one time manual thing to do, but I was thinking more of a cron job or something.
if both raspis are using the same build and raspian version, shouldn't i be able to simply copy one folder with rsync to the other machine?

That would be doable with ansible as a recurring job in ansible tower...
I'd say do whatever works for you. Smile

Normally, as you said, setting (addon) things up is a one time thing. Using rsync for it seems a bit overkill to me.
if I just want to copy one kodi setup to another machine, which folders do i need to copy?

~kodi/.kodi ? what else?
All starts from the .kodi profile folder.
Just keep in mind that certain machine specific data/settings can have been stored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I sync more than the libraries between two KODI raspis?0