v17 Migration to dedicated server with MySQL 5.5.42
(2018-04-25, 14:53)Yanta Wrote:
(2018-04-25, 14:43)Klojum Wrote: There is the option of going for a fresh install. If a MySQL shared database works for one machine, it works for the other. That has been so for years. And caching thumbnails is either done by each Kodi device on its own, or you give it a push by already copying the Thumbnails folder as well as the Textures13.db to other Kodi clients. That part shouldn't be rocket science.

Yes. I will be fresh installing again tomorrow. If I had a dollar for every fresh install I've done....

I also read on one post here that Kodi will not hit up the scraper sites in this situation because (To quote the post) "It would crash those sites hitting it with thousands of requests"...   
 Well, I think I've narrowed the artwork issues down a bit (I have repeated this several times with exactly the same results).

Scenario 1
-------------
If A Movie is in a set
  AND there are two or more movies in that set that are offline media
  AND there are one or more online media
  AND there are two or more different movies in the set
  ---> Artwork will be lost for two or more movies in that set requiring manually adding it back
  (Sets with two or more online versions of the same movie are never affected, nor are movies in a set where only offline media exists and that media is of a single movie (Eg a 3D versions, and a 2D BD version)

Scenario 2
-------------
If a movie is renamed
  AND the artwork is manually downloaded
  The artwork is lost on import and has to be manually added again
  Example: "Joy Ride " in Australia is called "Roadkill". I renamed the library entry and changed the artwork. It was then lost when I imported to the new server.

Scenario 3
-------------
When copying the thumbnails folder and thumbs13.db files to a new client
  AND there are missing artwork.
  AND then the artwork is then added to the the client library
  ANY subsequent attempt to copy the Thumbnails and Thunbs13.db files from the server to to the client results in the loss of ALL artwork within the Clients library.
  A fresh install is the only way I've found to fix this and you only get one shot to get it right.

Why this occurred in the first place: I exported the library from my Test-PC, built the server and set up MySQL. I then imported that export into the Server resulting in scenarios (1) and (2) above.

What I should have done was start from the absolute beginning. I'd spent weeks fine tuning things (titles, versions, sets etc), and was trying to avoid having to do that work all over. In hindsight, it has cost me much more time and frustration.

I have also found that movies appear to randomly drop from sets, and sets from time to time just vanish. Haven't isolated the cause

Now that I have figured out the finicky process the replicate the library I can start setting up clients and backups. I have a feeling "fresh installs" are going to be a regular occurrence.

I'll respond with the performance issues once I've done more analysis.
Is this what you mean...
13:52:57.390 T:4420 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.1\TV Shows" with username "kodi" and with password. Error code: 1219

I get several hundred of those when I started Kodi today (This is from the kodi.log on the MySQL server.

There is indeed a username called kodi on 192.168.1.1 (Which is the content server). I can't say that I've noticed this error in the log any other time.

Apart from that there are errors in the log file are related to OZ Weather which seems to fail all of the time.

There is this..
11:00:28.666 T:4580 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(14, C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py): the python script "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:Big GrinialogBusy

And...
14:13:54.838 T:4956   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting \
14:14:43.510 T:5464   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
(2018-04-25, 15:28)Klojum Wrote: Keep double-checking your kodi.log file for the correct connection to your database(s).
 I thought I replied to this post. Apparently not.

In the end I've given up on using Twitch within Kodi. It works perfectly on EVERY PC OUTSIDE of Kodi, whether on or off the VPN. It's only when started from within Kodi that it constantly buffers.

The OZ Weather service is extremely unreliable and fails constantly on all clients and the MySQL server. There are hunfreds of stop/start messages in the log.
12:01:12.225 T:660  NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.9.7 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Exiting ....
12:31:12.656 T:3720  NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.9.7 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Starting ...

Apart from that the only errors I'm seeing in the Kodi log are these...

11:00:37.345 T:5540 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(18, C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py): the python script "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:Big GrinialogBusy

14:00:11.758 T:4520   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
14:05:20.610 T:240   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting \

This one has only occurred once, but there were literally hundreds of these messages in the log file..
13:52:26.111 T:4420 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.1\TV Shows" with username "kodi" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
(2018-05-04, 03:12)Yanta Wrote: The OZ Weather service is extremely unreliable and fails constantly on all clients and the MySQL server. There are hunfreds of stop/start messages in the log.
12:01:12.225 T:660  NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.9.7 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Exiting ....
12:31:12.656 T:3720  NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.9.7 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Starting ...
I never have a problem with OzWeather. Best to ask in the OzWeather thread and provide the FULL log otherwise Bossanova won't respond Wink ... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2720674
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migration to dedicated server with MySQL 5.5.420