XBMC crashes upon entering music folder
Cool, thanks...I'll read that over when I get some free time.

The installer actually put 2 shortcuts in my Programs folder - XBMC and XBMC (Windowed). When I run the XBMC (Windowed) shortcut initially, it defaults to a window that's the size of the full screen. I have this PC hooked up to my 55" plasma, so it's a 16x9 720p screen. When XBMC runs windowed, it's the full size of my plasma, but a window. If I change the resolution to anything other than auto, even the XBMC (Windowed) shortcut starts XBMC full screen. So I can't resize it to say a 4:3 800x600 window and move it over to my second monitor, which is a 7" touch screen built-into the case. If I can get XBMC to run in a window or full screen on the other monitor, I wouldn't have to turn on the plasma to listen to music. I think my only workaround is to make the second monitor my "primary monitor" which I want to avoid for obvious reasons. But if the windowed shortcut worked properly and I was able to change the resolution to 800x600 I'd be able to just move the window over to the 2nd monitor and possibly use a 3rd party utility to force it to always open on that monitor.
Did you really try to set video and ui in XBMC to 800x600 (two settings in XBMC).
I use a smaller window to debug and it runs fine here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hmm...I don't recall. I'll look around when I get home. I think I was only modifying the System -> Screen settings. Any time I change this setting to anything other than "Auto" it forces a full screen even using the Windowed shortcut. Should I be making this change elsewhere instead or in addition to?
I figured a video would be worth a few thousand words. It's 16 MB in size but should stream from here...hopefully you don't have any problems viewing it.

http://slap.gotdns.org:8080/slap/XBMC-VideoIssues.wmv

Some details got lost after I compressed this. The beginning I was trying to show the shortcut I'm using. I copied the windowed shortcut. When I view properties it's showing the target as

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p

The main 2 things I thought would be of interest here is what happens when I switch to a resolution other than "auto". The same thing happens regardless of what resolution I use, as long as it's not auto. Also notice in the System section under Video Hardware the options I change are never saved.

Let me know if you need anything else.
WiSo Wrote:Then use it for your day to day business but please consider testing the imagelib from svn from time to time to help us bug fixing: (http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*...ageLib.dll)

The current version should fix loading album covers from mp3 and loading images from remote shares. The poi thingy is still in.

WiSo, FWIW, I just tried out the Windows XBMC this afternoon and had the same music folder error.

I replaced the included imagelib.dll with the one you linked to above and it did fix the problem (I tried entering the music folder a half dozen or so times, so the error was easily replicated and now is easily fixed Wink )

Thanks.
slizzap: ok, I belive you Wink When next time working on XBMC I'll have a look.
sticky: thanks for testing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I had the exact same problem. Substituting the .dll above fixed it for me. THANKS!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes upon entering music folder0