v18 CD Artwork and Artist Logo's
Questions are fine @Dumyat
(2018-04-26, 21:59)Dumyat Wrote: Yeah, all my artist folders just contain music for that specific artist only. For collaborations, using 'When You're Gone' by Bryan Adams and featuring Mel C as an example, I would normally tag Bryan Adams as the artist and album artist, but show the song title as 'When You're Gone (Ft. Mel C). This is then shown in Kodi as Bryan Adams - When You're Gone (Ft Mel C). I've always found this method to be quite a useful way for displaying titles where there are collaborating artists.
When I talk about collaboration albums, I mean albums with multiple album artists. The example you give is just a song with a guest artist, not two artists with equal billing for every track on the album. Maybe you don't have any collaboration albums that's fine, in non-Cassical music they are less common, but they occur often enough.

Now you have described what you do, and since you are working on re-tagging your music, I have to point out that putting the featured/guest artist in the song title is a poor way to proceed. I have repeated this in posts many times (someone please put it in a guide), tag the example you give in one of the following ways:

1)
ALBUMARTIST = "Bryan Adams"
ARTIST = "Bryan Adams (Ft Mel C)" <- if that is really how you want it displayed
ARTISTS = "Bryan Adams / Mel C"
TITLE = "When You're Gone"

2)
ALBUMARTIST = "Bryan Adams"
ARTIST = "Bryan Adams Ft. Mel C"
TITLE = "When You're Gone"
and add
Code:
<musiclibrary>
    <artistseparators>
    <separator> feat. </separator>
    <separator> Feat. </separator>
    <separator> with </separator>
    <separator>;</separator>
    <separator> ft. </separator>
    <separator> Ft. </separator>
    </artistseparators>
</musiclibrary>
to advancedsettings.xml. This enables Kodi to read the " Ft. " as a separator and identify 2 artist names, however it can't cope with brackets.

3)
Tag using Picard an let it add Musicbrainz ID tags that will make scraping artist and album info and art both faster and more accurate.

Tagged that way Kodi has all the artists, you could look at Mel C as a song artist and find that track. But also the skin has access to artist images for both artists ListItem.Art(artist.thumb) and ListItem.Art(artist1.thumb)

(2018-04-26, 21:59)Dumyat Wrote: With regard to CDart... I have the skin coded to show CDart on my OSD with the following code:-
php:
<texture background="true" fallback="osd/cd.png">$INFO[Player.Art(cdart)]</texture>
The code itself looks good compared to other skins I've looked at, but all I ever get is the fallback image for some reason. Even when I manually select this art, it's still not showing when playing a song, despite the skin being coded to show it.
I beleve manual selection of this art should work. Click on "choose art" from the Song Info dialog, add art type "cdart", the select the art for this browsing to a suitable image. Did you try that?

Messages In This Thread
CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Dumyat - 2018-04-24, 16:23
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Dumyat - 2018-04-25, 17:16
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by jasn - 2018-04-25, 22:34
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Dumyat - 2018-04-26, 21:59
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by DaveBlake - 2018-04-27, 00:22
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Dumyat - 2018-04-28, 15:57
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Dumyat - 2018-04-28, 19:22
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by gibxxi - 2018-05-02, 02:48
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by gibxxi - 2018-05-18, 03:25
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Dumyat - 2018-05-03, 00:25
RE: CD Artwork and Artist Logo's - by Mr. V - 2018-05-13, 00:19