How to avoid impossible request for scripts and plugins?
Hello all

voinage kindly pointed out the reasons my last request would not be possible,so i was wondering if there are any signs i should Look for that would let me know that a site is not setup in a way that a plugin or script is possible?
From this forum i am aware of the DMR problem are there any more such signs that i should look out for?

thank
Hello folks,

The first thing imho to look for is content, don`t just perform a cursory look check every facet and page of the site looking for categories.

Next :

Follow the pages to the video link then view the page source, find the video link then compare it to the accepted formats offered by the likes of clipnabber etc
chances are if they are like them then a plugin can be made. Not normally using those sites but by the same means they use to get the flv path.

The snag is that sometimes when the link contains an swf it will not work.
But we have ways of making them talk: - Namely decompiling the swf and looking at it`s guts like a medieval auger. After which something can normally be done when the time allows.

If you really want to be friendly, then use wireshark to get a view of the packets when a video link is accessed and follow the GET sections and the responses.

If you do that then 1/3 of the plugin is already built.

Have a sense of humour,hehe, sometimes it`s very frustrating.

Why not have a go yourself ?
If you get stuck there are plenty of people who are willing to help you, because not only are you trying but you are helping the XBMC community.

Go on , what have you got to loose, eh ?

That`s my two-pence - hope it helps.
Thanks, Voinage.
Cool things to know

think i shall try myself
got nothing to lose right

ciao
Rainbow 
Another program that might be useful is TamperData plugin for firefox, which when enabled shows you everything that your browser is letting you send and recieve and modify it Wink

Will download wireshark and get playing too Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to avoid impossible request for scripts and plugins?0