Worth it/Possible to use MySQL to sync playlists when already using Emby?
Kody Krypton 17.6
Windows 10, but Also two Nvidia Shields

Here is my basic problem, I have a fair amount of music and want to create playlists to manage it. Without some sort of playlists to manage it, I don't see myself listening to any of it to be honest. I want to do this once if possible, but be able to listen to it on all of my Kodi devices. I have been using Emby to manage my Video and Music libraries thus far, and like many of the features, but syncing playlists is apparently not one of those features.

This is where I began to search for a solution. I ran across multiple thread posts and wikis and found the potential solution of a MySQL database. However, my question is whether I can use a MySQL database in tandem with Emby just to sync playlists (not my entire library), and if so, how. In this wiki https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Sync_other_parts_of_Kodi it makes it seem like you already need to be syncing your libraries to sync your playlists, and I am wondering if there is a workaround that anyone has done or thought of. I also have seen the lifehacker guide ( https://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-sy...-the-house ) to setting up a MySQL XMBC system, but then read later on these forums that his guide may have been wrong in that you want Kodi to set up the databases, and not set them up yourself. However, if I am trying to only sync my playlists, I may want to setup the databases myself I am thinking. 

All in all, I am a bit confused, and at this point am wondering if it is worth it to try and do this. I know it will take me quite a bit of time to set up all the playlists in my library, but, I have no idea how long it will take me to setup the proper MySQL system to do this, or if it is even achievable. What I do know is that I have done enough research on my own without asking for help, and that I am hoping someone can either tell me "yes, this can be done and here is how..." or "no, this can't be done." Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.
I don't run Emby, hence I'm a little unfamiliar with all of it's functions (understand that it works as a replacment or instead of MySQL) and can understand the confusion. If it's just a matter of copying the playlists, which are located as a folder in the userdata\playlists, then a simple batch file on launch to copy the folder would do.
You can use mysql with embycon, not emby for Kodi.

The playlists, are you creating them in Emby or creating them in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Worth it/Possible to use MySQL to sync playlists when already using Emby?0