Solved Movie picture mode unavailable on Samsung TV
Hi,

Since some time ago (hard to say how long), I've noticed that picture quality was a bit "different" from what it used to be. I tried to check the tv settings and to my surprise discovered that only Standard and Entertain picture modes are available for the hdmi input where pc is connected. I always used to use Movie mode with some custom settings.

As soon as pc is turned off, Movie and all other modes become available but when pc is turned on it reverts back to the earlier described situation. This happens immediately, way before kodi starts.

I was loading the edid from grub and I tried to remove that, but it made no difference.

My kodi system is a hsw nuc running a 4.9.6 kernel with fritsch mods. Here's some additional info. TV in question is Samsung UE50H6400.

Could somebody try to help me to debug this issue? I'm not sure even what logs to post. Here's my dmesg, can post additional logs as needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks as always for your awesome work!
-- Stanislav
Not a Kodi issue, but you can look at this thread
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/foru...780/page/6
In my case disabling Anynet+ HDMI-CEC did not make any difference, but I found the solution in the thread -- it was to change the type of HDMI input from PC to Blu-Ray. Movie pic mode is available again.

There must have been a Samsung tv sw update that caused this, but I failed to notice it immediately. Movie mode was working fine in the past with PC type.

Thank you very much Soli!
-- Stanislav
Thread marked solved.
I had it on my Q90R and fixed it.

The TV seems to automatically assign an identity/profile to the advice such as "PC". If this is changed from "PC" to "Home Theatre System" then the" Movie" option is back again.

On my TV this is done by clicking the "Home" button, go to Source , select "PC" and go to "Edit" and then a menu with possible device profiles appear.

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie picture mode unavailable on Samsung TV0