Support for 18:9 screens
Is it possible for Kodi to run in an 18:9 aspect ratio on my Nokia 7 plus?

Now if I run Kodi I get black bars on the right and left side of my screen, which means that Kodi is running in an 16:9 aspect ratio. Videos are also restricted to the 16:9 aspect ratio. Is it possible to make Kodi fill my whole screen, running in an 18:9 aspect ratio?

I've tried both 17.6 from the play store and Leia 18 alpha 1
Yes, no problems here on a 18:9 mobile screen here
(2018-05-08, 19:33)Klojum Wrote: Yes, no problems here on a 18:9 mobile screen here
 What phone are you using and did it work without any additional configuration?

edit: What version of kodi are you using? I've tried both 17.6 from the Play Store and 18 alpha 1
Using Kodi 17.6 from the Android store, on Android 8.0 on a Huawei P Smart.
Perhaps the GPU on your smart phone is having a different opinion on what to do.
The Kodi GUI may be a little different, but the Netflix videos (which are 18:9) play fine.
(2018-05-08, 20:00)Klojum Wrote: Using Kodi 17.6 from the Android store, on Android 8.0 on a Huawei P Smart.
Perhaps the GPU on your smart phone is having a different opinion on what to do.
The Kodi GUI may be a little different, but the Netflix videos (which are 18:9) play fine.
 Ok, thanks for the reply. I contacted Nokia support about the gpu, naturally they told me to contact the Kodi developers. Not much help there as expected. Is there something I can do to push this issue further? Is it needed?
Maybe it is an Android 8 feature, or maybe it is a specific Huawei skin function, but most Android applications on my phone get the option to display fullscreen, so that Android's status bar at the top and the menu buttons at the bottom are "overwritten" so to speak. And thus get to use the full length of the 18:9 screen display.
You can do it by going into settings when watching a stream choose video settings and then change view mode form normal to Stretch 16:9.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for 18:9 screens0