Inspiron i3050 good for Kodi and more?
Hello everyone I could use some advice about getting Kodi. We have a Roku 3 now and use it often. So have been looking at the vast choices in Minix, AMlogic9xx etc  and they seem like good choices but it would be great if they also functioned as a pc. I read a lot on this forum and these boxes are convenient to use with their remotes so hate to give that up but want the pc side also. Our LG tv has a browser but having a pc will be better sometimes. The LG 49 UH 6030 is connected to the Onkyo NR 626 with ARC HDMI and we have 5.1 surround speakers. No cable but the RCA rabbit ears bring in a bunch of channels in the DFW area.
I found a Dell Inspiron i3050 mini Intel 2.5 mghz 2 gig 32 ssd win 8.1. It is HD audio capable right? Not HDR though but that is ok.
My questions are:
Does it do auto frame rate switching?
Should it use a Linux os instead of the win 8.1?
Will it work well for Kodi?
Are the wireless key board with mouse pad units the easiest way to control this pc?
I recently got a great deal on a OptiPlex 760 with windows 7 that is placed about 20 feet from the living room home theatre equipment and is connected with cat 5 to the router in the media console. My plan is to get a tuner in the 760 and an antennae to use wmc for ota recording. So the Inspiron i3050 could be used for Kodi, pc and stream recordings from the 760 to the LG. Will this work reliably and simply? I appreciate any comments and suggestions. My experience with this is very limited so thanks in advance for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inspiron i3050 good for Kodi and more?0