Strange issue with filebrowsing
I've recently had to start over with my osmc due to a bad SD card.   So now I have a brand new osmc setup with kodi 17.6.  Sources are configured in the same way (using nfs://ip.address/share/folder) as before.   Movies and TV Shows scanned in and everything works fine except for two issues.

#1: When I go to the "Videos" menu on the main screen I can choose "Files" there.   In all my previous setups of osmc and kodi this allows me to simply select a source (tv or movies) and then browse the filesystem and see everything. Even things that are not yet scanned into my library.  No graphics, no thumbnails, just file and folder names and sizes.   Now in my latest incarnation I always get the "Library view" in my TV source.   But if I choose Videos->Files->movie source then all is right.

#2: I have a folder in my TV library where all kinds of goodness just magically appears every night.   This folder has a .nomedia file in there and its contents does not get scanned into the library.  However the folder itself does.   Lets say the name of the folder is "BeardedMagicDepositoryForCoolNewStuff".   Kodi ignores the contents but finds some strange TV show that resembles the name of the folder and adds that to the library.   When I use Videos->Files->tvsource and go to that show then I get to view it's contents in the filesystem view and not library (i.e. like I wanted in the first place)

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong with my tv source?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange issue with filebrowsing0