Solved Cannot access media shares thru my NFS server.
As of a couple of days ago everything was running fine. I have 3 computers in my network. The main one that is running the server and 2 others in different rooms. For some reason the PC's in the other rooms cannot access the NFS server. When I attempt to access/add media from the server thru kodi I see Network File System (NFS) but when I click on it it just spins and does nothing. It fails to connect. However when I try the exact same steps with the PC that the NFS server is running on I click Network File System (NFS) it spins and comes back with the IP number for the server and I click that and there is all my media to be shared. The caveat is that this only works on the pc that is running the server. Before it was working on all computers. All PC's are on the same network and wired. I can share files between all 3 pc's via the network sharing center. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can anyone out there help me out on this? Thanks in advance.
Try using the Add network location option, then in there specify it’s a NFS connection and use IP address for Server.
Clearly something in software has changed. This sounds like a network issue more than a Kodi windows problem. I suggest running a debug log (turn on logging in settings) and attempt to access, perhaps the log will have a clue as to the errror, post the log to a public pastebin and link that URL back to this thread. I suspect you may have better success with SMB/Windows (wiki) Then check out Syncing and sharing (wiki) and this File sharing (wiki)
Thanks for the suggestions guys. This problem really is maddening. I am going to try manually adding it later. I'm try and grab a log of it today or tomm. I noticed all this with doing a fresh install of Win 10. Once I started having issues I decided to check the other PC and was having the exact same issue. I'm running a plex server on the same pc as the nfs server and I am able to access that from from the other pc's. I'm also able to access the public network on the main pc from the other 2 pc's I'm having issues with. I did have to restart the router this week but other than that absolutely nothing has changed. I've been running this nfs server for years and never had an issue with it till now. I've never really tried SMB/Windows. The NFS server had been running flawlessly. No lag whatsoever and I'm running some pretty heavy duty HD files with DTS HD audio. When I fast forward its instant. The thing that really has me confused is that the server is up and running fine on my main pc which the server is on. I do remember that when the NFS server was originally set up I did have to add the server IP address manually on my main pc. Uuuuuugggghhhhhh!!!!!

Edit: Just tried to manually add the server ip and Kodi said connection to the network location could not be established. Plex server and NFS server are both run on the same PC. I have no issues accessing Plex.
I was able to find out the culprit that was causing the trouble and the NFS Server is now up and running. My Eset internet security was the issue. It upgraded this  week and strangely altered the firewall settings for the server. When I checked it the firewall was only allowing the server out. Once I changed the protocol to In/Out the other PC's were able to connect to the server.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot access media shares thru my NFS server.0