How about a Windows util that makes it easy to connect with LE?
I've given up after trying for nearly three weeks to get this PC ​(media server) to network with the LE box under the telly. For the near future I'm going to have to load videos onto a USB stick so I can play them on the LE box, it's otherwise useless now.

​I was thinking since it's been sooooo much trouble for a lot of people that would it possible to write a bit code/make a util that loads onto your Windows pc that doesn't use SMB, etc, and is tailored specifically to let the LE box network with any problems? I'm the first to admit I'm not a programmer/developer so it might be a daft idea but it might also be not too difficult and if so most certainly worth the time. Especially since every update to Windows seems to break something.
I thought of a better analogy to describe it. At the moment the only way I can get my LE box to play videos in to plug in a USB stick with what I want to watch. What I'm suggesting is a software version of a USB cable from the LE box up to the hard drive of the Windows PC. I don't know if that's possible, but it's just a suggestion to possibly make things easier to keep the network shares working no matter what updates Windows gets.
I am using all sorts of devices / os’es on th same network and they all like each other without any additional tools.
I think it’s better to describe what you are trying to accomplish and where it goes wrong exactly so any issues can be resolved
I have an extensive thread in the Windows forum for that. And like I mentioned I reckon a simple util that is basically just like an electronic USB cable between the LE box(es) and the Windows pc will help make good network connections easier.
(2018-05-22, 07:58)Atreyu Wrote: I am using all sorts of devices / os’es on th same network and they all like each other without any additional tools.
I think it’s better to describe what you are trying to accomplish and where it goes wrong exactly so any issues can be resolved

I also have LE running on two Pi’s connected to a windows server, all done without extra tools too, on a wired network. I’m going to take a guess here, are you setting up your sources like:

smb://servername/movies

Or

smb://192.168.1.8/movies

If it’s the former, try adding the sources again but by IP address, as LE prefers that, also make sure your windows machine has a static IP address either reserved at the router, or saved in the network settings of the pc adapter.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
The original thread detailing the problem is located here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331989

If anybody is able to offer assistance, please use that thread.

The original OP has already stated s/he has no interest in getting the setup working again.

So this does not turn into another support thread, and I don't believe this particular feature request will gain any interest from the developers, I will close it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How about a Windows util that makes it easy to connect with LE?0