XBOX One - Kodi 18 - Restore Build
Team,

I am having problems restoring a Kodi build that I personalized on my computer using Kodi 18. However, I have been unable to restore that build with various add-ons (Ares, Merlin, Backup/Restore Wizard) as the restore function doesnt seem to be working. One main issue I am running into is that I cannot see the USB drive I have build backup on from any add-on. The Xbox can see the drive and file but when in an add on I cannot see it.

Wondering if there is a way to write the build files to the Xbox app folder for Kodi in another way.

Any help? Trying not to fully personalize build again direct on Xbox.

Thanks in advance, please let me know what questions you may have.

GhostfaceKC
Kodi 18 - Alpha 1
Xbox One
Team Kodi does not support 'builds', wizards or any other type of banned addons (wiki). Such addons will make you ineligble for support on this forum.
Klojum,

Yes, I understand that. I was not aware that those addons were the type which were not supported. I thought they were referring to those which provided unauthorized services. I reviewed the link you shared and see the banned repos and addons, thank you and i have deleted those addons as they also were no helpSmile. I have standard Kodi 18 installed and personalized certain items like menus, favorites, integrated trakt (add on from Kodi repository), etc. 

That is what i am asking to know how to restore those personalizations with any approved addon or steps.

Thoughts? thanks for your input and guidance as I am not looking to misuse and ask about something unauthorized to my knowledge

Thanks,
GhostfaceKC
The wiki backup (wiki) notes would be a good place to start, as is the back-up add-on in the official repo (link in item 2 of the wiki page).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Not all files are accessible by an app from USB drive. You have to "restore" you backup from network share SMB/NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX One - Kodi 18 - Restore Build0