Solved See actors info
If I press “information” on s movie I go in a screen with all actors pics. If I move the pointer over one I see “press up to see actor’s info” but, when I do nothing happens. If I press “ok” I can see all movies I’ve with that actor.
Can’t find anything looking on Google.

Any help? I’m using Kodi 17.6.

Thanks
Hello @Lock

If you want to see the biography and additional data of the actor, you need to install the ExtendedInfo Script from the Kodi Repository... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:ExtendedInfo_Script

It used to ask for a personal TMDB API Key first time it was run (not sure if it still does). If it does, just ignore it as the add-on still works using the default API.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen for the suggestion.
Yes, I’ve been using Extendedinfo for a while, but I find it a bit slow and not convenient to use. Then I realized that small writing on Kodi own info screen.
Is it something that was never implemented, or I could have mistakenly deactivated some Kodi core addon?
Thanks
Which small writing? Can you post a screenshot.

As far as I am aware, Extended Info has always required an add-on. Some skins will install it by default when you install the skin, so you may not have known that happened and just assumed it was Kodi core.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sure, here’s the screenshot. It’s in Italian but means “press up for actor’s info” (in the lower left corner, it only appears when I move the focus on an actor’s thumbnail):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uto0scga0m4baz...1.png?dl=0

And sorry for the delay, I was out of town for the weekend. Smile

Update: here’s a quick video as well, where I try to press the remote up button without any luck:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djsk1ofif3mztn...7.mov?dl=0
Yes that is normal. It is an advisory comment to let you know further information is available if you perform a certain action. If you want that information, you need to install the add-on though. Kodi is full of all these little reminders. Similar to using search functions. If you want full search functions, then you need to install various add-ons, and they will be offered to you as needed.

There is no core extended info. It all works off add-ons.
My Signature
Ok, thanks, it makes sense. Smile

But... I still didn’t understand what addon I need to install. I guess I’ve already ExtendedInfo installed (I’ll check it later to be sure, I used to have another addon to launch it from contestual menu but I’ve removed it) but I’m not able to invoke it with that “gesture”.
The link to the add-on is in the second post. It will give you the instructions on what and how to install. Add-on:ExtendedInfo_Script
My Signature
Ah, ok. Smile
I just discovered I had ExtendedInfo script installed, but it was disabled (maybe I did it because sometimes I try to disable all services I don’t think I’m using).
Is there a way to force Kodi to reenable required addons that may have been disabled by user (without reset all other preferences)? Or a list in the documentation, so I can prevent future issues like this?

Anyway, re-enabling it worked. Now actor’s info are invoked with up button (it’s a bit slow because there’s not a visual feedback during loading, but not a big problem).

Many thanks Karellen, our help was very appreciated. Smile

Have a nice day.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
See actors info0