Raspberry Pi 3B+ CEC Bug
Hi guys and @Milhouse,
I've received my Raspberry Pi 3B+ couple of days ago and finally got a chance to sit down and set it up.
After using it for a couple of hours I noticed that CEC command "Wake devices when deactivating the screensaver" doesn't actually work.
I then proceeded to install fresh copy (with no modifications whatsoever) and it was still not working.
I plugged that memory card into my Raspberry Pi 2 and that CEC command worked just fine. 
This was tested on LE 8.2.5 and OSMC 20180502, the bug is present in both. 

Please let me know if you need more info from my end or a debug log. 
Thank you for your help up front.
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
Can you confirm that you have tested by *just* swapping the pi?
E.g. same sdcard, same hdmi cable, same power supply, same input to TV  etc? Just with the two Pi's swapped over.

From a hardware point of view the Pi2 and Pi3+ are identical in terms of hdmi/cec.
It is more likely to be something external (sdram/hdmi  cable/hdmi input on tv etc) causing the issue.
Only PI was swapped, cables, TV, SD card and power supply are the same.
I never expected this to be honest, that's why I made sure to perform a test that will rule almost everything out.
I thought it was something regarding the old installation that I had, so I flashed another SD card and didn't make any changes, I tested it on both PIs and this is the end result.

The rest of the CEC functions seem to work fine.
Next suggestion would be to unplug any other hdmi devices.
Connect Pi to Tv.
Disconnect TV from mains for a minute or two. Try again.

Sometimes TVs remember state about a connected CEC device that is wrong.
I've found what the issue is (it seems I lied to you a bit by saying everything was the same during my tests).
I changed one line in the cec settings and that's the culprit for this behavior...
It's the line:
Switch source to this device on startup

If it's enabled your TV switches to Kodi when you power on the TV
If you don't want this to happen you disable this in CEC settings, this for some reason interferes with Wake devices when deactivating the screensaver.

I've triple checked this, when it's enabled everything works as it should, deactivating the screensaver will switch your TV to Kodi.
If it's disabled deactivating the screensaver doesn't switch your TV to Kodi.

Is there a way to keep this working and not switch my TV to Kodi when I turn on the TV?
(2018-06-01, 22:22)vdb86 Wrote: Is there a way to keep this working and not switch my TV to Kodi when I turn on the TV?
Probably not with your TV. The switch to TV when starting Kodi is sending an Active Source message.
Without that message the TV will quite likely ignore subsequent messages related to the active source.
I don't mind switching to Kodi when I start Kodi.
I'm just wondering why my TV has to switch to Kodi when I turn the TV on? The Kodi is running in the background.

With RPI2 I haven't had this issue.
After further testing it seems this is connected with the screensaver starting as well.
@popcornmix I don't want to waste anymore of your time.
Something is funky here and I'll either fix it or not, no need to bug you any longer.

Thank you very much for your time!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 3B+ CEC Bug0