kodi does not work on Windows 7 x64
I have used Kodi for a very long time. I never had a problem, but when I try to turn on kodi, it does not start - it's a black screen. Specially yesterday I made a computer format to make the disk clean and the same problem.
Your debug logging was not turned on, so a lot of the important information in your log wasn't available. Not even getting to the splash screen, would indicate some issue with the graphic engine, see if you can find an updated/beta driver for your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and repost with the log turned on in settings.
(2018-06-02, 18:37)PatK Wrote: Your debug logginwas not turned on, so a lot of the improtant information in your wasn't available. Not even getting to the splash screen, would indicate some issue with the graphic engine, see if you can find an updated/beta driver for your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and repost with the log turned on in settings.
 I use geforce experience and I have the newest driver
The Geforce Experience is hardly targeted at Kodi (afaik). As already indicated: enable debugging, restart Kodi, and provide the new Kodi debug log (wiki) file.
(2018-06-03, 13:59)Klojum Wrote: The Geforce Experience is hardly targeted at Kodi (afaik). As already indicated: enable debugging, restart Kodi, and provide the new Kodi debug log (wiki) file.

just how should I do "enable debugging". How Kodi does not turn on is a black screen. 

I've installed the older driver directly from the manufacturer's website and the same problem
Follow the link in my signature. and go to1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)
(2018-06-03, 16:01)PatK Wrote: Follow the link in my signature. and go to1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)

if I understood correctly. I need to do a file called "advancedsettings" xml. But the file itself has to be empty inside? 
I will send you in a private message

https://pastebin.com/Y9eVSyHn
https://pastebin.com/pSKHJ49T
??
(2018-06-04, 20:27)fred321 Wrote: ??
Para 1.2 and....1.2.1
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
If you installed a fresh copy of Windows, it's still possible that a certain combination of drivers (video/audio/whatever), can cause a problem.
Perhaps you can try installing the Nvidia driver without the Geforce Experience and the 3D driver setup, and keep the video driver installation as minimal as possible.
Other than that, I'm clueless. I haven't really used a Windows computer after Windows XP.

https://pastebin.com/3jknnsY0
??
Hi Fred,

Can you do WinKey + R and type dxdiag and press enter.
At the bottom of the info pane, you should have some DX version that you have installed.
What does it say?
(2018-06-08, 18:04)OTinley Wrote: Hi Fred,

Can you do WinKey + R and type dxdiag and press enter.
At the bottom of the info pane, you should have some DX version that you have installed.
What does it say?
 DirectX 11
??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi does not work on Windows 7 x640