Keyboard no longer working in Kodi
Hi, from one day to the next, my keyboard stopped working on my Raspberry Pi / Kodi 17.6 installation.

I'm running Retropie on Stretch, the Keyboard works fine in Emulation Station, I can use it to launch Kodi, but within Kodi, Kodi ignores it. No play/pause with space, no full-screen switching with tab, nothing.

It used to work not long ago and I do not recall changing anything in the input-department.

Here's a current debugging log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2NvT6Z5ccG/

Thanks.
Try this:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2657617

I do not know if there was some change in Stretch that breaks some keyboards, I use that udev rule for quite some time, since Wheezy I had one keyboard that needed that to work.
Hi! Thanks, unfortunately, this didn't help.

I have added the udev rules, I have restarted RetroPie and launched Kodi (again via keyboard) and then, Kodi froze on the Kodi start screen. I couldn't even log in to the pi via ssh to kill kodi.

I have unplugged the power supply and replugged, started Kodi again and Kodi works again -- but the keyboard within Kodi still doesn't.
Well if the udev rules doesn't solve your problem is something else. After a second look at your kodi log there is this, which likely your problem:

Code:
22:33:08.672 T:1911439360 ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 135

So check your keyboard.xml file, especially that line and fix it.
Thanks. Any idea, where that keymap would hide? I could only find userdata/keymaps, it contains a gen.xml which looks clean:

Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="252">skipnext</key><key id="251">skipprevious</key><key id="254">fullscreen</key><key id="253">pause</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

I can't remember changing my keymap in the recent past and the gen.xml has a filedate of October 2017...
The `keyboard.xml` file you are looking for is located at `/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/`

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard no longer working in Kodi0