Android How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)
(2020-01-11, 22:31)DNKK Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 19:17)graviphoton Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 02:46)holydhaliwal Wrote: Sorry for the late reply! I do have it on git though I haven't had time to test it thoroughly. If you'd be interested in testing it out I can pm you (the version I use daily has even more customizations that are personal to me and my uses so I haven't had the time to test the more general version)

Here's a video preview of my personal branch:

@holydhaliwal I am really impressed by this video. I think every KODI user on Android TV wants this functionality. Please is there any progress with official Kodi integration? 

Some of the metadata improvements were added but the devs nixed it for the v18 and only accepted for v19. Though in my opinion it was a cosmetic improvement rather than functional so should have been accepted for v18. In the future I am hoping this functionality is either moved to a plugin or at least controllable by using the advancesettings file so we can set if we want to use poster or background and what metadata we want to be shown 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16821

Has there perhaps been any progress on this?

And do you know how to get the play next to work? It's doesn't show up on my shield home screen at all..

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo) - by Daviddew - 2021-03-07, 09:08
Add TV channels - by moamoa - 2022-10-16, 21:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)2