Req I hope this is the right group,
I hope this is the right group, I suspect this has nothing to do with Windows.

I have been running Kodi 16.0 for over a year. I have an Unraid server running MySQL (5.0.67) and several PCs running Kodi.
Until now, I have had no problems. Lately, when I add a movie (DVD rip), I use this method: I got to Videos->Files and select the video source (for instance DVD) where I stored the rip. I highlight the new movie and the select "I" to get info. Since the movie is not in the database, Kodi displays:
"Select Movie:" and the title. I select the movie title and it displays the title (or multiple if there are more than one) it then takes me to an Info screen where it shows the details. I can then return to the main menu and the movie in now in the library database. This saves time because I don't have to use the "update library" function which takes a long time to search for new movies.

Well, the last time I added some new movies, I actually DID select the "Update library" process. It took quite a long time and when it returned, my library was twice as big! It had duplicated each and every one of the 535 movies! Well, not quite. The paths of the two entries are different.

When I used the the "Info" function on the duplicates, one lists the correct location on my server, for instance "smb://Tower/Videos/Movies/DVD/The American President (1995)/VIDEO_TS.IFO
and the other entry has this path:
Z;\Movies\DVD\The American President (1995)/VIDEO_TS.IFO
so you mounted your smb path via windows to z and added the whole folder as video source.
also the smb path of the server.
nothing strange there because this is for kodi 2 files even if there are the same movies.
It would seem to me that using a central mysql database, and adding a locally mounted source from one Kodi instance is not a good idea.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I hope this is the right group,0