How to delete or rename a library video source
Hi

I have tried searching the Wiki but can't find an answer, hopefully you guys can help ?.  I have two video sources for my library and want to delete or rename the one called 'USB Drive' but can't find anyway to do it ? I have double checked and there isn't a USB stick plugged into my Hi-Media Q10 Box anywhere so I'm not sure why its called USB Drive as the source folder is mnt\media_rw\sda1 which is the internal hard drive in my media box.

If I go into system - media settings - library - manage sources - videos - the two sources show up, one is called 'Q10 HDD' and the other 'USB drive'. If I select 'Q10 HDD' press and hold the 'OK' button I get a whole host of options including 'Edit Source' and 'Remove source' but when I do the same with 'USB drive' I only get a few options regarding 'Play' 'Contents' Add to Favorites' there are no options to edit or remove source ? Both sources come from the same internal hard drive located at mnt\media_rw\sda1. At the end of the day I want to end up with only one video source called Q10 HDD. Any ideas ?
Go to "Videos / Files".
Use the context menu on the video source inquestion.
Select the "Remove source" menu option.
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Unfortunately when I do that, I only get 4 options

Play
Add to Favourite
Change Content
Scan for New Content

there is no option to edit or remove source ?
If there's stuff on it that you want to remove from the library go to change content and change it to none.

If you want to remove it, go to the file manager and open the context menu for the drive there - there should be a safe removal option. Note that if it's a permanently connected removable drive then it will reappear when you reboot.

Kodi deals with removable drives differently to fixed and network drives. It will auto mount them, and you use set content at the relevant folder level rather than adding them as sources.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
As I recall, some skins don't necessarily show all options available.  Have you tried using Estuary and following prior suggestions?
OK quick update, I can go onto File Manager and 'USB Drive' appears on both the left and right hand side of the screens but nothing happens when I press the context menu on either side ? I am using the estuary skin so its not down to that either ?

I decided to delete the 'Q10 HDD' source to see if that worked, but it doesn't. If I only have the one source for video called 'USB Drive' then there is no option available for me to rename that source or to delete it, so it looks like my only option is to create another source and call it 'Q10 HDD' and then just ignore the 'USB Drive' icon ? just seems strange that there is no way to get rid of it Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete or rename a library video source0