• 40(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
(2021-03-05, 22:33)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 18:50)Stefanoamb Wrote: Hi. I wanted to point out that with kodi 19, on windows 10 64 bit. if I start games on consoles (Sega genesis, snes and Nes) kodi crashes and I am forced to close it. It works by starting arcade games. Has anyone happened the same? How can I solve?

Do you have a log? I'm assuming this is with Retroplayer? I have intermittent crashes with it as well on OSX.

Hi.I tried to watch kodi events after it crashed but it doesn't log the error. Except that kodi started successfully. I guess it is with a retro player but I can't find any indications in the settings. Thanks for your help.
Hi all, I'm running IAGL 2.1.6 in Leia 18.9 on an nVidia Shield Pro and for the last few days have been getting a message every time I start Kodi that it has a dependency on Python 3.0.0.
Like many, I won't be upgrading to Matrix any time soon due to the lack of support for skins and probably other addons that I have put a heartbreaking amount of time into configuring.
I've looked at GitHub and the last couple of months of messages on this thread without seeing any mention of this issue.
Anyone know of a clean way to resolve this?
(2021-03-06, 12:59)BoyWombat Wrote: Hi all, I'm running IAGL 2.1.6 in Leia 18.9 on an nVidia Shield Pro and for the last few days have been getting a message every time I start Kodi that it has a dependency on Python 3.0.0.
Like many, I won't be upgrading to Matrix any time soon due to the lack of support for skins and probably other addons that I have put a heartbreaking amount of time into configuring.
I've looked at GitHub and the last couple of months of messages on this thread without seeing any mention of this issue.

Hmm. I'm guessing it's because v2.x doesn't specify what version of python is needed, so Kodi flags it as wanting a later version. I'll look into fixing it.
(2021-03-06, 18:28)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 12:59)BoyWombat Wrote: Hi all, I'm running IAGL 2.1.6 in Leia 18.9 on an nVidia Shield Pro and for the last few days have been getting a message every time I start Kodi that it has a dependency on Python 3.0.0.

Hmm. I'm guessing it's because v2.x doesn't specify what version of python is needed, so Kodi flags it as wanting a later version. I'll look into fixing it.

Awsomesauce. However, while the popup about the missing python dependency consistently appeared every startup over several days, it looks like it has now stopped.
The fix seemed to be actually firing up a game. I'd expected some kind of error, but everything seemed to work fine (at least for GBA titles), and I haven't noticed an IAGL popup since.
I very rarely get to actually use it, but IAGL is such a cool addon I consider it essential to the Kodi build of anyone with the slightest interest in retro gaming - thanks for all the good work!
IAGL 3.0.2 is released:
  • Bug fixes reported from users
  • Updated Korean Translation (thank you jaemin1980)
  • Added Netplay functionality for external launcher users
  • Updated/Fixed IAGL favorites and Search and Random functions
(2021-02-26, 13:31)daniel.delillo Wrote: Yeah, 3.0.0 beta layout crashes in Windows also and if it does play it only plays in the backgrounds, I didn't check android before changing to my layout.  I used my old layout from 2.1.6 in 3.0.0 beta and it work fine except I had to changed iagl.trailer_started to iagl_trailer_started, so the trailer button didn't show on the first entry into that game menu.

In future updates I might suggest adding a PlayerControl(Stop) function for the launch and close buttons, that drove me nuts on older builds where the trailer kept playing while searching or while a game launched.
<onclick>PlayerControl(Stop)</onclick>
<onclick>SetProperty(gl_trailer_started,false,HOME)</onclick>

Forgot to mention that this trailer issue is fixed as well (no more crashes, and fixed the stop button and stopping the trailer on window close)
Thanks Zach! I'll start migrated my database and changes tomorrow to 3.0.2... this is awesome!  I can't wait to try out a all the fixes.  Also I got to tell you, I've completely ditch emulation station and I've moved my collection over to your frontend... awesome work! A+++
Hi. I downloaded and installed this addon. I want to use kodi emulator addon to play the games. I have an old logitech controller connected to the streamer.
I downloaded the emulator addon for the game.
I have 2 problems:
1. When I press every button on the game instead of do what it supposed to do in the game a game's menu appears. How can I define that the menu will not appear so I can play the game?
2.How I define a button for coins or other buttons in the mame emulators?
(2021-04-01, 19:15)Yefet Wrote: Hi. I downloaded and installed this addon. I want to use kodi emulator addon to play the games. I have an old logitech controller connected to the streamer.
I have 2 problems:
1. When I press every button on the game instead of do what it supposed to do in the game a game's menu appears. How can I define that the menu will not appear so I can play the game?

It sounds like you have to configure the controller. You can do that in Kodi Settings>System>Input>Configure Attached Controllers

I think the coin button is hard coded right now to the select button on the controller. Thats what inputs a coin for me when I use MAME 2003 or 2003 Plus.

You may be able to edit the config files manually (or replace them with the cfg files that the same core generates in Retroarch). When I play a game in MAME 2003 plus for example, I see the cfg files are created in ..userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/save/mame2003_plug/cfg/
(2021-04-04, 22:17)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 19:15)Yefet Wrote: Hi. I downloaded and installed this addon. I want to use kodi emulator addon to play the games. I have an old logitech controller connected to the streamer.
I have 2 problems:

It sounds like you have to configure the controller. You can do that in Kodi Settings>System>Input>Configure Attached Controllers

I think the coin button is hard coded right now to the select button on the controller. Thats what inputs a coin for me when I use MAME 2003 or 2003 Plus.

You may be able to edit the config files manually (or replace them with the cfg files that the same core generates in Retroarch). When I play a game in MAME 2003 plus for example, I see the cfg files are created in ..userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/save/mame2003_plug/cfg/
Thanks but I configured the usb controller. In the game when I press every button it opens the game menu. How do I disable the game menu? Or configure the buttons so they not open the game menu?
I am using a build maybe something in the setting is wrong.
I am also planning to stay on v18.9 for a while. But it seems like now only the 3.0.2 version is available on the repo. How can I install some version that is compatible with v18?
(2021-04-05, 07:27)Yefet Wrote: Thanks but I configured the usb controller. In the game when I press every button it opens the game menu. How do I disable the game menu? Or configure the buttons so they not open the game menu?

I'm not sure if there's a way to disable the game menu (thats part of Kodi, not IAGL). The menu is set to pop up if you hit the 'guide' button, or move your PC's mouse, or hit spacebar. If you're controller is configured to do one of those things, thats likely the reason. Just testing on my PC with a DS3 controller, the menu only pops up when i hit the center guide button.
(2021-04-06, 21:18)huantxo Wrote: I am also planning to stay on v18.9 for a while. But it seems like now only the 3.0.2 version is available on the repo. How can I install some version that is compatible with v18?

You can install the last compatible version for Kodi v18 (v2.x) following the instructions here.
(2021-04-06, 21:21)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 07:27)Yefet Wrote: Thanks but I configured the usb controller. In the game when I press every button it opens the game menu. How do I disable the game menu? Or configure the buttons so they not open the game menu?

I'm not sure if there's a way to disable the game menu (thats part of Kodi, not IAGL). The menu is set to pop up if you hit the 'guide' button, or move your PC's mouse, or hit spacebar. If you're controller is configured to do one of those things, thats likely the reason. Just testing on my PC with a DS3 controller, the menu only pops up when i hit the center guide button.

I am not the only one with this problem.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3029065
someone have solution to this problem?
(2021-04-06, 21:21)zachmorris Wrote:

How do I play the iagl roms with emulators apps and not on kodi? Which emulators you recommend for android streamers? Retroarch is too big and I have limited storage.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6