• 52(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
Hi. Any update on Android tv 11? Will it work?
(2022-03-29, 21:28)9acca9 Wrote: Im trying to run the roms with RetroArch as external launcher, but in getting a grey screen everytime, and this in the log:

https://pastebin.com/EB2ybT1b

What could be wrong?
Thanks
I have the same problem with you
(2022-12-29, 12:13)nickyvarian Wrote:
(2022-03-29, 21:28)9acca9 Wrote: Im trying to run the roms with RetroArch as external launcher, but in getting a grey screen everytime, and this in the log:

https://pastebin.com/EB2ybT1b

What could be wrong?
Thanks
I have the same problem with you
Have you solved it yet?
In my case was that the android box don't have am app in the expected location, so I edit the command.

That works for me
@zachmorris I have shield tv Android 11 and kodi 20. I downloaded repo 1.0.3 and gave permission to file and media all the time. I can't access the android data folder and the addon doesn't run the game on retroarch it only write complete. What can I do so this addon will work?
I have Mecool km2 and kodi 20 and I try to use Retroplayer. In ui the controller work ok. When I run a game from iagl the controller still work on ui( When I press back it exit the game). I configured all the buttons. What can I do so the controller will control the game and not kodi ui?
The repo for IAGL has been updated to be Nexus compatible, you can get it here.

IAGL for v20 is almost ready and includes an update to fix Android launching, amongst other things.

Android launching is saddled by multiple things, but the main one is the security that Android OS has in place to prevent it. Any version of Android higher than 11 likely has issues. Kodi v20 updates have resolved these issues (thanks to @chrisism and @a1rwulf)

There's a bug in Kodi 20.0 that causes the whole app to crash though (fixed in the nightlies and will be in 20.1). I hope to release IAGL update at or before thats released.
Hi @zachmorris , is there a beta of IAGL to be able to start retroarch from Kodi20 on a Nvidia Shield?

I have somehow the problem, that I cant use my controller if using retroplayer, because I can not find a button the start a NES/SNES game.
IAGL downloads and starts the game, and then I can not proceed. 

I am using Xbox One bluetooth connected controllers.

Thx
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
IAGL 3.0.7 is finally out. Changes include:
  • Updates for Kodi V20
  • Updates for Wizard to be more user friendly
  • Fixes for Android external launching in tandem with Kodi v20
(2023-02-23, 14:59)tavoc Wrote: Hi @zachmorris , is there a beta of IAGL to be able to start retroarch from Kodi20 on a Nvidia Shield?

I have somehow the problem, that I cant use my controller if using retroplayer, because I can not find a button the start a NES/SNES game.
IAGL downloads and starts the game, and then I can not proceed. 

IAGL 3.0.7 should be able to start Retroarch for Android with a few caveats:
- The config file for Retroarch needs to be in a shared location. Permissions prevent Kodi from 'seeing' the file in it's default location
- The game files need to be downloaded to a shared location. Permissions prevent Retroarch from 'seeing' the game file in the default location.

The wizard should guide you through updating the settings to make it work.
Hello @zachmorris, everyone,
Do love this add on as well as old games ( and to play from time to time).
sorry, first post and ... have made mistake by pressing Enter too quickly.
What I'm using is KODI v20.1, Android box ( version 9 ) and IAGLv 3.0.9 and a remote controller that used to work just fine.
Everything was just fine before v20 of Kodi, with 19 everything was simply running ok. Thanks a lot for your great job btw...

Starting from update to v20...
  • I can't start some games, e.g. can't statr Tetris ( game is loading of course but no response then for Start button)... but, and what I do not understand at all:
  • I can start other like for example Super Mario Bros, but can't play ( after launching no reaction for any of controller buttons)
  • while there is a pool of games that just works, e.g. Contra 

Can you please guide me on how to resolve. Have already tried all the available emulators... and btw, I'm using retroplayer to launch. 
    What probably stays behind of the issue ( starting from v20, but not really sure on this ) is that I can't add any other controller profiles to any of emulators, and the only one I have access to is NES, while earlier with Kodiv19 I used to have SuperNintendo. 
    Any questions... just let me know ( and again sorry for the almost empty post above)
    ​​​​​​​cheers...

Looking for any insight…I am having an issue where RetroArch is launching but I’m just getting a black screen. The file is downloading and I can load it from the save location in RetroArch but it doesn’t seem to be loading the actual game once RetroArch is launched. I’m on a Shield, Android 11 and Kodi 20.1.
(2023-04-06, 01:18)Trustco89 Wrote: Looking for any insight…I am having an issue where RetroArch is launching but I’m just getting a black screen. The file is downloading and I can load it from the save location in RetroArch but it doesn’t seem to be loading the actual game once RetroArch is launched. I’m on a Shield, Android 11 and Kodi 20.1.

IAGL should be able to start Retroarch for Android with a few caveats:
- The config file for Retroarch needs to be in a shared location. Permissions prevent Kodi from 'seeing' the file in it's default location
- The game files need to be downloaded to a shared location. Permissions prevent Retroarch from 'seeing' the game file in the default location.
- IAGL assumes all cores are available for android and may set a default that you dont have, check to verify the launch will occur with a core you want it to

You can change the config location for Retroarch in the Retroarch settings (provided you have the latest version, older versions had issues with this). Then in the IAGL addon settings you set the location of the config file.

You can change the download location for IAGL with either the IAGL wizard, or by using the context menu for each game list. The download location needs to be somewhere that Retroarch has permissions to read from.

I do need to update the wiki to provide these details, so I'll work on that.
(2023-04-04, 15:34)koljaiczek Wrote: sorry, first post and ... have made mistake by pressing Enter too quickly.
What I'm using is KODI v20.1, Android box ( version 9 ) and IAGLv 3.0.9 and a remote controller that used to work just fine.
Everything was just fine before v20 of Kodi, with 19 everything was simply running ok. Thanks a lot for your great job btw...

Starting from update to v20...
  • I can't start some games, e.g. can't statr Tetris ( game is loading of course but no response then for Start button)... but, and what I do not understand at all:
  • I can start other like for example Super Mario Bros, but can't play ( after launching no reaction for any of controller buttons)
  • while there is a pool of games that just works, e.g. Contra 

Can you please guide me on how to resolve. Have already tried all the available emulators... and btw, I'm using retroplayer to launch. 
    What probably stays behind of the issue ( starting from v20, but not really sure on this ) is that I can't add any other controller profiles to any of emulators, and the only one I have access to is NES, while earlier with Kodiv19 I used to have SuperNintendo. 
    Any questions... just let me know ( and again sorry for the almost empty post above)
    ​​​​​​​cheers...

If I understand, your using a remote control as a controller? I've never tried that, but dont have any means to test it either.
When you start a game, you should be able to bring up the context menu, then select Settings, Controls. From there, you should be able to map controls for the system (some systems have multiple controllers).

If you dont get any input from your remote controller at all, you can go into Kodi Settings>System>Input:
Check peripherals lists your controller
Driver settings should show your options, for me there's just one on android (Joystick Support), and you can select it and try different drivers, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I can confirm a PS3 and XBOX controller work just fine on android.

For other addons, you should be able to see whats available in Addons>Install From Repository>Kodi Addon Repository>Game Addons
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6