• 54(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
(2023-10-16, 00:25)galis3rd Wrote: do you have the arm-v7a variant for the links? I'm using chromecast
thanks again!

https://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/Nexus/
Hi I seem to have a problem with the progress bar for 'waiting for game to exit' overlaying on top of retroarch. It just flickers through from the background every now and then, any ideas? If I select the disable Kodi option then no such issues but I have no sound.

I'm running coreelec 20.2 Nexus on an Odroid C4.
Hi everyone,
Long time user of Kodi but new to IAGL.  I've followed the install steps but I am getting stuck at launching roms.  I get this error when I attempt to launch any rom (I've downloaded the rom and the emulator core inside Kodi)

"Add-on couldn't be loaded.
An unknown error has occcurred."

Have I missed something here?  I'm running Kodi 20.2 and have IAGL 3.09 add-on installed.  Let me know if there is more info I can share for any help

Thanks
Nathan
Looks like a core error. Can you post a debug log? I'll try to reproduce.
Hey I have be using IAGL for years I installed it on a firestick and the stretch setting won't show up correctly at the bottom of the screen and I can't select them. Help!
(2023-11-26, 18:26)ZacsRetrojunkie Wrote: Hey I have be using IAGL for years I installed it on a firestick and the stretch setting won't show up correctly at the bottom of the screen and I can't select them. Help!

Do you mean the "Stretch Mode" setting in the game osd -> "Settings" menu? I think I remember a report of this being broken before. Can you upload a debug log so I can try to reproduce?
Yeah I try to get a log report up to you tonight. Yeah the stretch mode osd. Its wierd it was working fine then it became just shadowed on the bottom of the screen you can see where the setting selection blocks would be but you cant select them. I un installed & reinstalled iagl, and stella. Really sucks on atari 2600 because the original games are so narrow. I'm using 20.2 kodi on a firestick Maxx 16 g.
IAGL is sure a nice addon but is there a way make it not simultaneously appear under both video and game addon categories? Smile

The original reason AIGL appeared under video add-ons was because you can show more artwork in the library views. I'll take a look at the Python code and see if I can reach artwork parity in the My Games window.

@zachmorris Do you remember what fields the games window was missing?
(2024-01-28, 06:19)garbear Wrote: The original reason AIGL appeared under video add-ons was because you can show more artwork in the library views. I'll take a look at the Python code and see if I can reach artwork parity in the My Games window.

@zachmorris Do you remember what fields the games window was missing?

Hi @garbear,
Are you referring to listitem / library infotags?
If so:
  • All setArt properties (I use the defauts: thumb, poster, banner, fanart, clearlogo, but there are a lot of extensions of this here, some of which may be useful for games, some not. Other things like various types of screenshots would be unique to games)

Others I use from video that have no equivalent in games in no particular order:
  • SetGenre
  • SetTrailer
  • setReleaseDate? (setPremiered may be the equivalent for video, but there are so many date options its unclear which should be used. setYear is currently available, more discussion here)
  • SetTrailer
  • SetOriginalTitle (used to group versions in titles Super Mario Bros. vs. Super Mario Bros. (Japan) vs. Super Mario Bros (USA))
  • setTags (similar to above, for the game Super Mario Bros (USA, Japan), the tags would be [USA, Japan])
  • setSize (in bytes. This may have been depreciated after all setters were incorporated, or it may have been inadvertently omitted, see here)
  • SetMPAARating (equivalent would be ESRB for video games)

Parameters I shoehorn into setProperty but could potentially be infotags:
  • Number of Players (i.e 1 or 2 or 2 VS or 2 Co-Op or 2 Turn Based, etc)
  • Groups (i.e games featuring Mario, movie licensed games, etc)

I think that covers everything i try and get equivalency out of videoinfotags with. Addons like AKL have a lot more, specifically in the art area (here's a good overview of the constants chrisism uses)
Hi, I’ve bought myself a nvidia shield pro a month ago and I’ve been trying to play games with IAGL on Kodi. I tried using the retro player and it’s not playing well, the sound glitches and the games are slow and recently I can’t even use controllers anymore. Cannot map the buttons with Kodi. I’ve tried everything. ( I tried retro arch alone and everything is working perfectly fine.) so yeah I figured I would try using retro arch as an external launcher but it seems like IAGL does not open CFG files, in fact, it doesn’t seem to see cfg files at all. I’ve tried everything I could think of even renaming my cfg file to png and I could actually use the file!! But of course IAGL couldn’t launch the games. Is there anything I can do to get IAGL to work with retroarch on my shield??
Sorry didnt bring a log for the controller support getting disabled on kodi when a game fail to launch.

But its really easy to replicate.

Using external retroarch.

Just launch any game, easy with snes or genesis ones, and close it just when launched, as fast as you close it, the error will be 100% replicable. IAGL will give error thinking the game was not launched properly. And controller support on kodi will be disabled.
Hello?
I am still waiting for an answer.
Aragolas,
I'm trying the same nvidia shield, IAGL, retroarch and can't get IAGL to locate the retroarch.cfg file. I'm using the kodi game build 20.3 from 1/31/2024 located here:
https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases
Thank you Garbear!! This build fixed an issue I had with my Xbox Bluetooth controller which now works well for IAGL games using retroplayer. To clarify retroplayer works well. I'm trying to get N64 games going. I can't use retroarch from IAGL since it can't find the .cfg like you.

My last try was to create a folders from within kodi file manager so I knew there would be permission here:
/storage/emulated/0/kodi_data/retroconfig

I changed retroarch configuration save location to the retroconfig folder. I can navigate to the folder with IAGL external launcher settings, but can't select it. I renamed a save file removing the date stamp to retroarch.cfg and still no go.

I'm at a loss. I may start trying older versions of IAGL since I'm using 3.0.9. I had this working a few years ago on a shield. I'm concerned something has changed in Android resulting in something that can't be overcome.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Special thanks to Zachmorris and Garbear. I really appreciate all your work. I used IAGL years ago and here here you are still rocking it. I'm honored to be posting in the same forum as you athough I'm admittedly a leach in this area.

Cheers to all
Has anyone got this working on steam deck?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6