iPhone app that lets you quickly start playlists on Kodi?
Which iPhone app lets you start a playlist on my Kodi box from a widget?

I listen to internet streaming radio all day long. I used to start playlists from an app launcher widget on my iPhone. This worked really well with JSON-RPC commands. Unfortunately this is no longer working in Kodi v18 Leia.

IMHO the Official iOS Remote and other remote apps that I tested require too many actions to change a playlist/stream. They were mostly designed as a remote to start video/music files and for navigation with the TV on.

Can anyone please recommend a workaround for this? (No, I don't want to stream via Airplay as it drains my iPhone battery. I also don't want to buy Sonos, that's why I'm here.)

Your help is much appreciated!
I feel that hardly anyone listens to internet radio stations nowadays. I guess I'm old fashioned. I just don't like Spotify.
It's a pity. There are some really good radio stations out there and it's all free.
I'd say it's more that Kodi and a TV isn't the ideal vehicle for doing so.

Personally I listen to a lot of internet radio, but use either my phone directly (when travelling), my work PC (when at work, using headphones) or a DAB radio. And for the former two, via either the station's own app or their website player and a browser rather than via Kodi. Even at home if I'm streaming I tend to just use a Pi Zero hooked up to a couple of old PC speakers and Volumio.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I also use the TuneIn app on my phone most of the time to listen to radio.
I just like to have one device for audio/video. Wouldn’t want to have another system.
(2018-07-26, 13:03)Ginalina Wrote: TVeasy. This application is only available in the App Store for Apple TV devices.

Thanks! Will look into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone app that lets you quickly start playlists on Kodi?0