Anyone come up with a solution for documentaries yet? Documentary scraper/DB?
Use Custom home items (wiki)

It does exactly what you want.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-26, 23:16)Karellen Wrote: Use Custom home items (wiki)

Thanks.  Does this work with mixed types?  Eg can one have a screen with a mixture of "TV shows" and "Movies"?

I was hoping to stick with default skin, as 1) I actually think it looks great, quite simple, and 2) It avoids most version issues, when skins no longer support, or break, with changes in core kodi.

I'll try the Estuary mod and see what happens.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
No, you cannot mix TV Shows and Movies.

If I need to do that, I move the movie into the tv show, like moving Serenity as the final episode of Firefly, or Stargate movie as the first episode of Stargate SG-1, etc.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-27, 17:22)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 23:16)Karellen Wrote: Use Custom home items (wiki)

Thanks.  Does this work with mixed types?  Eg can one have a screen with a mixture of "TV shows" and "Movies"?

I was hoping to stick with default skin, as 1) I actually think it looks great, quite simple, and 2) It avoids most version issues, when skins no longer support, or break, with changes in core kodi.

I'll try the Estuary mod and see what happens. 
Estuary mod is a good option, although you still cannot have mixed types in one list.

I think that's one of the major differences.

Ok, so you can have animated movies, and animated shorts, however you decide what you'd like to watch in advance, whereas you may not know where the doc is.

There's always search I suppose, it's just one of those "so close, yet not quite there..." things that's been around for a while.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2019-08-27, 21:13)Karellen Wrote: No, you cannot mix TV Shows and Movies.

If I need to do that, I move the movie into the tv show, like moving Serenity as the final episode of Firefly, or Stargate movie as the first episode of Stargate SG-1, etc.

Just saw your message as I posted mine.  I had tried moving movies to be shows, however with limited success as also appeared under tv shows.  However could make that a new smart list that searches all categories except documentary etc.

Is there a way to have an intermediate page??

Eg now it goes:

TV ->  categories
            -> years
            -> genres
            -> actors
     -> recent
     -> next etc

but what if I want to do

TV -> Stand up Comedy (smartlist) -> years

i guess you have filters, however it's not amazing as a quick user experience.

On my Dune I do:

-> Movies
-> TV Shows
-> Other Video

Other video page shows

-> Documentary
-> Sport
-> Home Movies
-> Special Interest
-> Stand Up

Then Documentary page shows all documentaries whether they are TV or Movie, and gives me the appropriate UI as I go into each one.

So when you say that Custom Home items does exactly what I want.....  Of course I've expanded my definition now ;-)

Thanks again for the support!
(2019-08-27, 22:03)wcndave Wrote: TV -> Stand up Comedy (smartlist) -> years
You can still use the Sort options from the left sideblade menu. Change "Sort by" to Date. Or are you saying you want to then see a list of nodes, then select a year?
My Signature
(2019-08-27, 22:08)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-27, 22:03)wcndave Wrote: TV -> Stand up Comedy (smartlist) -> years
You can still use the Sort options from the left sideblade menu. Change "Sort by" to Date. Or are you saying you want to then see a list of nodes, then select a year? 

I think it's over complicating it.

I spent quite some time on my custom Dune skin, and it was well thought out, plus served well.

If the categories in "TV Shows" could be wrapped over multiple lines, or be a list, that could be ideal.
Some time ago I received a suggestion to a very similar request I asked: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335145

It's not perfect but it could work.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-08-27, 22:28)ashlar Wrote: Some time ago I received a suggestion to a very similar request I asked: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335145

Interesting... How would you assign actual TV show documentaries to the fake one?
(2019-08-27, 22:42)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-08-27, 22:28)ashlar Wrote: Some time ago I received a suggestion to a very similar request I asked: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335145

Interesting... How would you assign actual TV show documentaries to the fake one? 
TV Shows documentaries could be assigned with regular filters based rules. You would just get a Documovies "tv show" that contains all the documentaries movies. I've never tried doing it, but I suppose it should work. I think Karellen suggested the same thing (or a very similar approach) in this post.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone come up with a solution for documentaries yet? Documentary scraper/DB?0