Req 【ES File Explorer - seeking for cooperations with Kodi】
Dear Kodi team,

I'm Travis, the global marketing manager DO Global, the maternal company of ES File Explorer, a worldwide renowned powerful file manager app for all Android devices. We've now accumulated more than 500 million global users and the number keeps growing now. You can find here for more info about ES: http://www.estrongs.com/?lang=en or simply search us on Google Play. 

As we've went through the ES File Explorer related video content on YouTube, it's a surprise that a huge load of users are searching for "How to install Kodi on Amazon FireTV/FireTV Stick using ES File Explorer". Plenty of YouTubers have uploaded instruction videos introducing about how to install Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV with the help of ES File Explorer. The idea of collaboration between ES & Kodi came to my mind then, why won't we make an integration of those 2 apps and hence makes it a lot easier for all the users? Other possible forms of cooperation are also welcomed!

Since I couldn't find an official email address on your official website at https://kodi.tv/, I just left this message here in your Forum to see whether if I can get in touch with one of your staff to discuss about it. Feel free to DM me or reach me throw my email at @Karellen-removed Check edit history (more efficient). A heads up: we're formerly the global DU business of the Chinese Internet giant Baidu, and has just been spin off from Baidu to a new company DO Global. Still, we had plenty of popular apps on our hand including ES File Explorer, DU Recorder, etc. and we're now more concentrated on the marketing collaboration & expansion of ES.

Feel free to email me your thoughts and I'm happy to alter the content of this post if it somehow violates your community policy. I had to do this only because I couldn't find a more proper way to getting in touch with you. Apologies in advance.

Best
Travis (Hope this thread don't get twisted by other Kodi users lol~)
That's a pity, indeed.

There should be plenty of video named "How to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV using the AFTVnews Downloader":
http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sideload-...ownloader/
If any staff from Kodi here saw this post & you're interested, please get in touch with me (dm me or post here since my email address has been edited by the moderator). Or feel free to forward this message to your BD or marketing team, thx in advance!
For the record: I'm not a developer or a marketing person, and hereunder is my personal view on ES File Explorer on my Android smart phone. It does not reflect the opinion of the whole Kodi team.

I have used ES File Explorer for a couple of months, and its capabilities are impressive. The biggest let-down however has become the advertising and the backgrounds "checks" that have become so annoying and invasive, that the personal experience went from "pretty good" to "get the h*ck out of my face". Now this was some 6-8 months ago, I uninstalled it and haven't used it since, so I don't know if things have changed since then.

Fortunately, I have found a formidable file explorer application that equals ES FE's functionality for my needs, but without any advertisements. You guys had a good chance with a decent product, but I think in the end the dollar signs in your eyes got too big.
I've responded to them directly via email. Appreciate the comments @Koying and @Klojum!

Closing out this thread.
Best solution would be that Amazon pull their heads out of their ^%#$ and just let Kodi back in Amazon store so you don't need anything else.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Speaking of which, do we still have contact with someone from Amazon?
(2018-07-06, 18:54)Martijn Wrote: Best solution would be that Amazon pull their heads out of their ^%#$ and just let Kodi back in Amazon store so you don't need anything else.
Won't happen. Even MrMC was nearly pulled out when python was added back, just at he mention of addons.

It took a lot of persuasion from davilla explaining that only bundled "extensions" were allowed to be back.
Yes, what Koying mentioned was true.

MrMC v3.6.2 was initially rejected (pretty fast too) during review because of great concern about Addons. It took over a month with several discussions to calm the situation down. Amazon will absolutely not allow Kodi or any Kodi fork into the Amazon Store with Addons (via repo's or user installed) enabled.

MrMC v3.7.0 will take further steps to distance itself from the pirate Addon taint by renaming all mention of "Addons" to "Extensions". Seems silly but the word "Addons" is now permanently associated with piracy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
【ES File Explorer - seeking for cooperations with Kodi】0