v18 Closing Laptop Lid displays PlayerProcessInfo on Screen Mirror
I have searched the forum, custom google search and wiki but i don't see any any listed fixes or related info for this issue.  I am on kodi 18, with Xenon skin screen mirroring to a TLC HDTV with built in Roku.  Everything is working fine (aside for most of the sports apps loaded as part of the "build pack" not working at allHuh) with the sports stream i am watching until i close the lid of the laptop, at which point Kodi displays the "PlayerProcessInfo" on the screen. If i open the laptop lid it is still on the laptop screen and the TV screen. Other than the obvious question of why would i want that to display when i close the laptop lid, how do i disable the playerprocessinfo from displaying when i close the laptop lid?  Thanks for any help you can provide.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
[removed link to logfile with banned addons]
Also, i searched the logfile for instances of "PlayerProcessInfo" and it shows in the log file that it is detecting a key press of the O key.  I thought well maybe the screen is actually hitting the O key, but that's not happening.  The issue occurs even if i slowly close the laptop to the point where it triggers the laptop screen to go off, but there is still 1/2" gap between the screen and the top of the keys.  So for some reason when i close the laptop its detecting a O key press.

12:03:52.508 T:3344 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x18, sym: 0x006f, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
12:03:52.508 T:3344 DEBUG: CInputManager::HandleKey: o (0xf04f) pressed, action is PlayerProcessInfo
12:03:52.509 T:3344 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10116
12:03:52.509 T:3344 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml) ------
12:03:52.509 T:3344 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
12:03:52.515 T:3344 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x18, sym: 0x006f, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
[delete double post]
I already had a feeling about this, but your log file confirms that your Kodi setup is totally infested with banned addons (wiki), which makes you ineligible for support.
If you have read our forum rules (wiki) more closely, then you would know that we have a zero-tolerance stance on video piracy.
This topic/thread will be moved to the bin shortly.
Ok, i was not aware of that, my apologies, I'll uninstall Kodi, delete all the addons and try again from scratch, with the only addon i care about at this time.  Sorry for breaking the rules.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi and NOT installed the buildpack i used earlier today.  The only addon i have installed is the BBC iPlayer app which is not on the banned addon list.  Can i repost the new full log file here or should i start a new thread?
I guess i'll post this here with the logfile and if it gets deleted so be it...again, dont intend to make anyone mad.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/d6KFXCQStH/

Here are the relevant lines showing that it is detecting a keyboard press of the O key.  I can assure you there is no keyboard press happenning.

13:41:05.452 T:3468 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x18, sym: 0x006f, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
13:41:05.453 T:3468 DEBUG: CInputManager::HandleKey: o (0xf04f) pressed, action is PlayerProcessInfo
13:41:05.453 T:3468 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10116
13:41:05.453 T:3468 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml) ------
13:41:05.453 T:3468 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
13:41:05.458 T:3468 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x18, sym: 0x006f, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
13:41:05.458 T:3468 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
13:41:05.460 T:3468 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml) ------
Some old(er) laptops can have a small latch or pin, that gets pressed down like a key whenever the lid closes onto the keyboard. I can imagine it is linked to some type of keyboard button.
Other than that, I'm clueless. Perhaps someone else can chip in.
Doing a little Googling, it seems that the "lid close" can be sensed when the windows message WM_POWERBROADCAST is sent by windows.  I assume your system was setup by the manufacturer in some way that the event is recognized and is sending a keypress event for key "o"  which Kodi is intercepting.  Instead of trying to figure out why your system does this, I would take the expedient method of simply creating your own keyboard.xml (or use the addon for editing it)  and setting key "o" to noop and then something else, maybe alt-o, set to PlayerProcessInfo.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closing Laptop Lid displays PlayerProcessInfo on Screen Mirror0