Crash On skin.estuary after update in RP3
Dear members,
I have installed Kodi in my home network over 3 devices:
1- Windows (Installed from Microsoft Store)
2- Android (Installed from Google Play)
3- Raspberry Pi 3 (Installed by the osmc installer)

I use a common database over the 3 devices, therefore when I watched a movie on a device, the others get updated and the new added movies are synced over the devices.

But I have a problem in Raspberry Pi 3 every time I update it. When I update RP3 by OSMC update, it shows a sad face after update was finished and rebooted.

I've checked the log for the crash and it says that skin.estuary addon was not installed or enabled. Here is the error part of log:

Code:
17:55:51.785 T:1925642752  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
17:55:53.007 T:1925642752   FATAL: addon 'skin.estuary' not installed or not enabled.
17:55:53.007 T:1925642752   FATAL: CServiceManager::Init: Unable to start CAddonMgr

I tried to install skin.estuary from the github and extract it to /home/osmc/.kodi/addons but it did not worked.

I enabled the addod in the sqlite database of osmc using following command but again, it did not worked.

Code:
sqlite3 ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db 'update installed set enabled=1 where addonid=="skin.entuary";']

I restarted osmc via ssh using:
sudo reboot

But again the sad face.

I tried to start kodi using xbmc and kodi commands but it did now worked.

For the final test I tried to install estuary skin using kodi-send command:

Code:
kodi-send --action="InstallAddon(skin.estuary)"

But I realized that it needs gui action to be completed.

So please help me in this case. I have to always reinstall and reconfigure my RP3 after an update.
where addonid=="skin.entuary";'] <=typo ?

It is better to ask this question on OSMC forums, they ship their own skin as default and they should how to fix their stuff.
(2018-07-08, 15:46)mirsaman Wrote: I've checked the log for the crash and it says that skin.estuary addon was not installed or enabled. Here is the error part of log:
Sorry, but we or @Sam.Nazarko (OSMC) cannot work with your puzzle if you only give us 3-4 lines of text. There is no crystal ball here. Smile
Thanks for comments. I investigate more and finally found the error. I've changed OSMC skin from OSMC skin to Estuary skin. Then updated OSMC. After update the crash happened. I've found that kodi cannot load the skin after OSMC update.

So the solution:
When updating OSMC change the skin to OSMC skin, then update normally, after the system booted completely, you can change the skin to the desired one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash On skin.estuary after update in RP30