Android Kodi Freeze at start
Smile 
Hi All, I have an Android h98 Pro +, when I start Kodi 17.6 half way the starting process it freeze and force me to unplug the Android box.  I try a couple of solution from the internet like deleting the Database folder or the Addons27.db file but both solution just delete my build as well which I would like to save.  Obviously I clean the cache and did all the routine mantanance. 

I hope there is a easy solution to this problem I have no idea why all of a sadden I have this issue.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thank You In Advance.

Sandro
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Darren,

Thank you for your replay to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I need to be able to enter Kodi to enable the debugging option right?  My problem is Kodi freeze at the booting phase before I am able to go in Kodi and do what you suggested me to do.

Sandro
(2018-07-16, 21:10)Sandro153 Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong,
Wrong... Smile
You can enable the debug logging via a setting in the advancedsettings.xml file as well.
Hi Klojum, glad I am wrong.  But still not sure from were I can access this advancedsettings.xml file, from es explorer?

Update: I found the advancedsettings.xml file...now what do I do...sorry if I need to be hand held on this one...

Sandro
Try Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

Also, forget about ES File Explorer. It's got too many ads and it's too invasivein the background (IMHO). Try X-plore File Manager instead.

EDIT:
Add to, or create your advancedsettings.xml file.
xml:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Okay I did it, now where is the log...just so you know kodi freeze almost immediately...not sure what king of log I am going to get...

And thank you for your help and patience!!!!

Sandro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Freeze at start0