New AVR + resolution 4k = error
Hello.

I bought a new Denon AVR x2400h. I connected my HTPC using an HDMI 2.0 cable to the AVR. After changing the resolution to 3840x2160x60hz, LibreELEC crashes and only a restart helps.
My HTPC has a kabylake processor and I have a hdmi 2.0 output on the motherboard.
LibreELEC 8.2.5
This is my log.

https://pastebin.com/KwYWEuLd
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2018-07-17, 22:15)Klojum Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
 This is new log
If something is illegal yet, please tell me what to uninstall?

Currently, I have a resolution of 1920x1080x50hz

I noticed something else. If in LibreELEC the audio is not set to hdmi AVR then I can set the resolution 4k. As I then set the audio on AVR, I lose synchronization and I do not see the LibreELEC gui. (no signal)
audio
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Fq6m6K83vw/

As I set the sound first on the AVR hdmi and then change the resolution to 4k, then the GUI will disappear for a moment and then it will appear with the old resolution of 1920x1080px50 and the GUI will be suspended. I need to reset my computer.
resolution
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8t4QKKBSD4/
I rewrote LibreELEC 8.2.5 in the hope that it will start working but it still does not work. By default, LibreELEC set the resolution 3840x2160x60hz when enabled. After setting up my AVR as the source of sound, there is no synchronization.

This is a new log

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/YY37vvGCNV/

Help me please.
(2018-07-18, 17:55)kowalmisiek Wrote: I rewrote LibreELEC 8.2.5 in the hope that it will start working but it still does not work. By default, LibreELEC set the resolution 3840x2160x60hz when enabled. After setting up my AVR as the source of sound, there is no synchronization.

This is a new log

Help me please.
I'm throwing a little in the dark here.

Does it happen if you select 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz (which is supported by HDMI 1.4)?

What kind of HDMI cables are you using? Are they rated for 18 Gbps? These HDMI issues can happen with 4K @ 60 Hz with bad cables.

Which motherboard are you using with HDMI 2.0 output? Most likely it is using a MegaChips LSPCon to do DP to HDMI 2.0 on board. There were firmware issues with these, and it may require an HDMI firmware and/or BIOS update. Another potential factor here is the Linux kernel. There has been a lot of work to properly support these LSPcon chips in recent kernels. Could you try a Kodi 18 LibreELEC image to see if that works?
(2018-07-18, 17:55)kowalmisiek Wrote: I rewrote LibreELEC 8.2.5 in the hope that it will start working but it still does not work. By default, LibreELEC set the resolution 3840x2160x60hz when enabled. After setting up my AVR as the source of sound, there is no synchronization.

This is a new log

Help me please.
Upgrade to LibreELEC 9 Millhouse - here choose the version with the latest kernel you can find.

Make sure (if you have an lspcon) to upgrade its version to >= 1.66
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My motherboard is gigabyte ga-170x gaming 7
A few months ago I was uploading a new firmware. It seems to me that this is version 1.66 LSPCon.
I use HDMI 2.0 cables.
2 weeks ago I upgraded the Bios on the motherboard.
The problem occurs if the signal goes HTPC -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> AVR -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> TV
If you connect HTPC -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> TV Works ok

I also have an adapter that I used before and wanted to give it up from Displayport 1.2 -> HDMI2.0 Club3D and how to connect in this way:
HTPC -> Adapter DP Club3D -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> AVR -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> TV
TV Works OK
-> try latest and greatest. If it does not work -> bugs.freedesktop.org it's not a kodi problem after all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I checked the LibreELEC 717 Milhouse version and the same error is.
I bought a new HDMI 2.0 cable and no result.

In my opinion the problem lies with LibreELEC. When I enter the system / audio / Audio output device and change eg to ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, HDMI # 0 (which does not work), then the picture is synchronized on TV.
When in the system / audio / Audio output device and change to ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, DON DENON-AVR on DisplayPort # 1 No synchronization.
(2018-07-19, 17:24)kowalmisiek Wrote: I bought a new HDMI 2.0 cable and no result.

In my opinion the problem lies with LibreELEC. When I enter the system / audio / Audio output device and change eg to ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, HDMI # 0 (which does not work), then the picture is synchronized on TV.
When in the system / audio / Audio output device and change to ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, DON DENON-AVR on DisplayPort # 1 No synchronization.
The Club3D DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter uses the same LSPCon chip that's on your motherboard. It's effectively the same thing that's built-in to your board. Does it work with audio through the Club3D adapter? If so, this is likely an HDMI firmware problem with the LSPCon on your motherboard. You said "A few months ago I was uploading a new firmware. It seems to me that this is version 1.66 LSPCon." You need to confirm this. The HDMI 2.0 FW update tool for your motherboard on Gigabyte's website is from Jan 21, 2016, so it likely doesn't have 1.66 or higher. Try contacting Gigabyte to see if there is a newer version.

If it is a software issue, it's with the Intel driver in the Linux kernel. For that, you'd need to go to bugs.freedesktop.org to report.
Through the Club3D adapter works with sound and image 3840x2160x60hz. From what I remember, I uploaded the 1.66 firmware from asrock. I was scared a bit when I uploaded but it worked and everything worked well then. I am 99% convinced that I have version 1.66.
I checked and I had the version LSPCon 1.66. Now I've uploaded version 1.72 but it did not help me. Still the same problem. I do not know what to do about it?
I do not understand why I connect it directly to the TV, it works well and as it goes indirectly through AVR it does not work.
You might think that something is wrong on the AVR but if I connect the Club3D Adapter it works fine. The difference is that my Club3D Adapter does not support HDR but that's probably nothing to do with it?

I still wanted to ask about one thing. Does my motherboard that has HDMI 2.0 LSPCon support HDR in LibreELEC like? Will I have to replace the motherboard with one that has Displayport 1.4 and HDMI 2.0B?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New AVR + resolution 4k = error0