Set AMDGPU colorrange
Hello,
I have just switched from NVIDIA-based System to an AMD-ryzen System using the open source Driver AMDGPU on ubuntu 18.04.
I have installed latest of everything (kernel 4.18-rc6; latest mesa 18.2; latest linxu-firmware; libva 2.2.1 and kodi nightly build) to get it working.
But there are still a lot of problems. One issue I have ist that there seems to be a problem with the colorrange.

In the past I set the graphics-driver to full rgb (NVIDIA) but adding  ...
Option         "ColorRange" "Full"
Option         "ColorSpace" "RGB"
… to the xorg.conf. In kodi I set to limited range 16-235 and everything was ok.

Now with amdgpu and ryzen if I set in kodi to limited ranged and then the Grey is washed out.
So it seems that amdgpu is running with limited range at Default.

Do you know I way how to set the amdgpu to "rgb full"?
The xorg-entries I used does not seem to work with amdgpu.
should be something like this: xrandr --output HDMI-0 --set output_csc bypass
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --verbose 

will tell you all the options available
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks for your info. I will try the commands when I am back at home.
Is there a command or logfile to see which mode (rgb/ycbcr) and which range (limited or full) is currently selected for each screen?
Same command with verbose will tell.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok here is my Output from verbose. Which values will tell me the colorange (full or limited) and type (rgb or ycbcr)?

https://pastebin.com/VJRaUtiw
@steo86 Pastebin links are preferred over text dumps into the forum Smile
Is this an old AMD blob? The above will only work with the OSS drivers.
No this is the Output with latest kernel 4.18-rc6 (mainline kernel) on ubuntu 18.04 with latest mesa 18.2.0-devel and latest Linux-Firmware from git-repository.
Why do you think it´s old?
(2018-07-24, 18:16)steo86 Wrote: No this is the Output with latest kernel 4.18-rc6 (mainline kernel) on ubuntu 18.04 with latest mesa 18.2.0-devel and latest Linux-Firmware from git-repository.
Why do you think it´s old?
 Cause some important options are missing. Post dmesg | pastebinit please - depending on the HW you have there is support or not.
here is my dmesg Output:

https://pastebin.com/3mUHaEiB
Okay - No idea. Please ask on #dri-devel IRC channel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set AMDGPU colorrange0