v18 Kodi 18 Side Load on Sony Androild TV - So close
I have the .apk on an USB stick plugged into my TV. I enabled developer mode, and toggled the security setting for allowing unknown apps. I have used two file managers and both get to the point where install. Using ES File Explorer I get to Package Installed, I get it checked with the green check mark, but "Always" or "This Time Only" are below it and I cannot select them. I stuck there.

Using Xplorer, I get to the file and again, it sits there on Cancel and I cannot get to the box right to it "Install."

I even tried installing it from within Kodi to no avail.

Is this something not possible at this time? I had no problem installing it on my android tablet.
in X-plore when  the box says install but is greyed out just hit the action menu button and hit back to cancel it , then it will be ungreyed and you can install.
Wow. Lol! I went to bed after working on this several hours. I wake up, check this post, see an answer, try it and it works perfect. Mega thanks.

Have to laugh. How is one supposed to know with that file manager to press the action button (which appears to do nothing of itself) so the install button would now be enabled? Is there a place to read up on those tricks?

This is not meant as a criticism on the app, but wow, that little bit of information went a long way. Kodi 18 installed and the Estuary Mod.

Thank you again!
the change happend with nougat and it doesnt just affect kodi but quite a few apps not all... i had the same problem and googled it and tried everything until something worked which this did. lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Side Load on Sony Androild TV - So close1