How do I add advancedsettings.xml for Extras for Kodi on my Shield TV Pro??
I have implemented the Extras add on for Kodi on my Shield TV Pro, but some of the extras are showing up in the library as movies.  From what I have read I have to add to the advancedsettings.xml for Kodi to not do this, but how do I do it using the Shield TV ProHuh?

Please advise!!
First create the XML if you haven't already on your PC. Using the Notepad works fine and then just change the extension from *.txt to *.xml.
Insert the following code and upload it to Dropbox/Google Drive or out it on a USBstick. (I didn't write the code. It's from another user on the forum. Don't remember who.)
Quote:<advancedsettings> <video> <excludefromscan> <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp> </excludefromscan> <excludefromlisting> <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp> </excludefromlisting> <excludefromscan action="append"> <regexp>/extras/</regexp> <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp> </excludefromscan> <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append"> <regexp>/extras/</regexp> <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp> </excludetvshowsfromscan> </video> </advancedsettings>

Next download a file manager on your Shield. I use TV File Commander. Go to Settings and enable 'Show hidden files'. Then paste your file in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/.
You can connect the file manager to your cloud storage if you choose to use one of those rather than a USB stick.

This will exclude all folders with the name 'Extras' when you scrape.
Thanks for the response!!  Now that I have the advancedsettings.xml in there, what do I need to do?  I have done the Clean Library and there are a lot of Extras still showing up in the Movies library
@jondr13

I trust that you copied the code from the Extras page, and not the one from the previous post.

Clean library won't remove those Extras now that they are in the library. You either remove them individually via Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library or you drop your source and start again.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-18, 05:14)Karellen Wrote: @jondr13

I trust that you copied the code from the Extras page, and not the one from the previous post.

Clean library won't remove those Extras now that they are in the library. You either remove them individually via Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library or you drop your source and start again.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
 That's my bad. Has the code been updated?

Fixed my post anyway.
Nope. Just your copy and paste was messy and may have confused the user as it was all on one line with line wrap Smile

If he had used your code in his advancedsettings.xml, it would have been difficult to see where the tags started and ended and may have duplicated the <advancedsettings> tags, whereas the following is easier to read as each tag has its own line. To use the code box, use the </> button on the editors bar and type XML into the pop-up box

xml:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks and that's exactly what I was thinking.  Will have to remove my movie sources, re-add them and scrape them again and hopefully it works this time.  I REALLY appreciate all the help!!  Have been using PLEX for the other rooms in the house but for the home theater room I really prefer KODI since the interface is so much more better (look wise anyhow).
Did Extras change recently, as the Way I have been doing it, and used to be listed in the Wiki, was to create a .nomedia file, and place it in the folder with the Extras.

Even if you made a mistake, and updated your library, without the .nomedia file, and the videos showed up under your movies, you simply place the .nomedia file, in the folder with your extras, and updated your Kodi library again, and it would clean up all those wrong videos.

Ha, found it, the information is now listed here...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...os#Exclude

So weird, as this used to be the method that was recommended for the Extras add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add advancedsettings.xml for Extras for Kodi on my Shield TV Pro??0