Want to see raw file list, without Kodi "helping"
I have a Fire Stick on my living room TV, with Kodi installed to watch content I've ripped to my PC hard drive (yeah, I should get a NAS).  In the past, if I selected movies or TV (as seen here), Kodi would find metadata and sometimes organize it differently than I have it stored.  If I selected "videos" and then "files" beneath it, I could access the raw file list as I have it stored on my hard drive.  But now, even going through videos/files Kodi tries to "help," which means things like:
* Firefly gets displayed the way Fox aired/ruined it.  The files are 0101 Serenity - Pilot, 0102 The Train Job etc., yet I see The Train Job listed first as 0101 in Kodi.
* Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 both show as just Blade Runner.

There's more, but that gives you a good idea.  How do access just the raw video files, with no help/modifications by Kodi?  I'm using the confluence skin.  Thanks!
I'd say, simply don't scrape your media collection. In Files View, nothing should be altered/adjusted as far as file names are concerned. You will miss out on the poster stuff and so on, though.

Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 should be scraped separately. Otherwise, the scraping simple went wrong. Perhaps your file naming is putting the Kodi scraper off. Most of the time, you can correct such errors by manually rescraping the videos.
Thanks!  Is there a way to manually re-scrape individuals videos or directories, instead of doing everything?
Read through here for the various methods... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...To_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-25, 01:02)Karellen Wrote: Read through here for the various methods... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...To_Library
 Will do, thanks.
Also (regarding file view mode), settings/media/videos/replace file names with library titles (de-select)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to see raw file list, without Kodi "helping"0