No timeshift (tvheadend) since Leia Nightly 17.08.2018
Hi,

Kodi nightly 16.08.2018 is the last Version with working timeshift. After that date nothing happens on pressing pause. Additional there is no pause Button on OSD. Just stop and recording. 

Also addressed here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2760169

Client ist Android shield and TV Server Tvheadend 4.2.6
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
No one with similar Problem ?
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
(2018-08-27, 21:50)Perlbo Wrote: No one with similar Problem ?

pause/resume and seek for both live streams can only work if the add-on implements timeshifting functionality.

Yes, there were those buttons until we removed some hacks from Kodi core recently, but the presence of those buttons was no proof that timeshifting actually worked.

Have you ever tried to pause longer than let's say 60 secs? Have you ever tried to seek? I doubt it actually worked.

Please Google how iptv live streams technically work and you will understand what I mean.
ksoo, thank you for your answer.

As is described, it work until Leia 16.08.2018 . I can not seek, if I tell the TVheadend server to pause the stream (and start to record it).This was done before 17.08 with pressing pause Button/Pause Button on OSD or remote control.  Now I only available to start a record or stop. If I start a record with record button I have to manually delete this every time. That is very annoying... 

With pause button the TVHeadend server starts to record ... a second time bar open with Timeshift label ... then I can watch it with pressing play or can seek (if pause enough )... if I press stop the recording will be deleted immediately. Does this mean the function will be never back with Leia ??

Hope I could describe my problem Huh ;-)
(2018-08-28, 07:16)Perlbo Wrote: ksoo, thank you for your answer.

As is described, it work until Leia 16.08.2018 . I can not seek, if I tell the TVheadend server to pause the stream (and start to record it).This was done before 17.08 with pressing pause Button/Pause Button on OSD or remote control.  Now I only available to start a record or stop. If I start a record with record button I have to manually delete this every time. That is very annoying... 

With pause button the TVHeadend server starts to record ... a second time bar open with Timeshift label ... then I can watch it with pressing play or can seek (if pause enough )... if I press stop the recording will be deleted immediately. Does this mean the function will be never back with Leia ??

Overlooked that we're talking about tvheadend, the picture in your quote pinged me into the wrong direction, sorry.

The tvheadend add-on implements correct time shifting. Thus, pause/resume and seek should work. And actually it does for me and many many other users out there, even with very recent Kodi builds.

Are you sure you enabled timeshifting in your tvheadend backend? There is a setting for this.
(2018-08-28, 07:24)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 07:16)Perlbo Wrote: ksoo, thank you for your answer.

Overlooked that we're talking about tvheadend, the picture in your quote pinged me into the wrong direction, sorry.

The tvheadend add-on implements correct time shifting. Thus, pause/resume and seek should work. And actually it does for me and many many other users out there, even with very recent Kodi builds.

Are you sure you enabled timeshifting in your tvheadend backend? There is a setting for this.

Can you please post a screenshot of the timeshift settings of your tvheadend server? I think I might have an idea what goes wrong.
Hi,

i have 2 Version on shield. Latest nightly build and build 16.08.2018. It does not work on latest build.

image of Setting

https://ibb.co/ca25Hp

Tvheadend Server Version 4.2.6
(2018-08-28, 11:29)Perlbo Wrote: Hi,

i have 2 Version on shield. Latest nightly build and build 16.08.2018. It does not work on latest build.

image of Setting

https://ibb.co/ca25Hp

Tvheadend Server Version 4.2.6

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/372
Just installed the latest nightly and it works with timeshift again 😊

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No timeshift (tvheadend) since Leia Nightly 17.08.20180