press and hold up/down stopped working after osx upgrade
I did do a restart after, also then got the same result in Terminal
Right click on Kodi.app in finder and select „show package content“ or something like that and put the stupid XBMCHelper there manually ...

And no - it’s not a text document - it’s a binary program.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's what I figured, just makin sure...I usually do things like that manually, moving, copying, renaming, etc...
However, the changes that were made may work good for a Harmony remote, but the Apple remote buttons are not working properly, no control of anything in the Kodi app...
So I trashed the new file and renamed the old file removing the .old & the Apple remote will control things in the Kodi app but with the same funky things it was doing after the OS update...
Just letting you guys know so somebody can fix that, I'll just keep using the way it is now...
Thanks for all your help guys, wish you all the best...
Chris
Wait for the nightly tomorrow - the fix is in there then. That fix will work the same for the apple remote I am pretty sure.

Please report back with the nightly build from tomorrow then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thank you thank you thank you.
latest Leia nightly on mojave with the silver apple remote and it still jumps two rows at once when pressing up or down.
Krypton is still working fine with the apple remote.
Just wanted to let you know.
Pinged the HIDRemote developer about it. Let’s see if he can reproduce. Did you test this successfully with High Sierra before and can confirm that just updating to Mojave brought back the issue?
yes the issue came with mojave, the remote was working fine until then.
I have the same problem with Harmony Elite: since update from Leia Alpha 3 to Beta 3, simple keys like Up & Down have stopped working and others like Left & Right are still OK.
This while I have not changed from MacOS version (High Sierra 10.13.6).
Yesterday I tried the latest nighty: in vain.
Only returning to Alpha 3 is OK.
Good news: I upgraded today to Mojave as a clean install
and then installed the latest nighty from Kodi: the Harmony Elite seems OK (up and down).
I am having the same issue with RC1.0 on 10.13.6. I can workaround it by copying the contents of the directory where XMBCHelper is located.

I have been using the XBMCHelper executable from Alpha 1.
That really does not make much sense. Can you download rc1 and simply put the xbmchelper from rc1 into your Kodi folder under applications - reboot the Mac and ensure that up down is broken again then?
I did that first, i put in an unmodified version of rc1 and ran it only left/right worked, up/down didn't. 

copying the XBMCHelper from alpha 1 or 2 fixed the issue.
Can you do the exact thing I asked for nevertheless? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
press and hold up/down stopped working after osx upgrade0