• 18(current)
Broken Locast
(2021-05-14, 20:40)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 06:29)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 01:10)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll need a log, it's working on my end.. THX
Kodi log with debugging enabled:
https://paste.kodi.tv/osuqolejus.kodi
THX
Update:  Now the Locast app thinks I'm in Houston on 2 of my devices.  I submitted a trouble ticket with Locast.
Why? Why contact Locast concerning a Kodi plugin?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-05-14, 22:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-14, 20:40)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 06:29)RKCRLR Wrote: Kodi log with debugging enabled:
https://paste.kodi.tv/osuqolejus.kodi
THX
Update:  Now the Locast app thinks I'm in Houston on 2 of my devices.  I submitted a trouble ticket with Locast.

Not the Kodi plugin, the native Locast apps in Android TV and Fire TV.  They appear to have a similar problem with geolocation on my system as the Kodi Locast plugin.  The native Locast apps initially had my market area correct as Sacramento when I installed them but now they are showing Houston as my market area.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
(2021-05-15, 16:02)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-14, 22:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-14, 20:40)RKCRLR Wrote: Update:  Now the Locast app thinks I'm in Houston on 2 of my devices.  I submitted a trouble ticket with Locast.

Not the Kodi plugin, the native Locast apps in Android TV and Fire TV.  They appear to have a similar problem with geolocation on my system as the Kodi Locast plugin.  The native Locast apps initially had my market area correct as Sacramento when I installed them but now they are showing Houston as my market area.
Are you using a VPN? Geo location is IP based...
(2021-05-15, 17:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 16:02)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-14, 22:07)Lunatixz Wrote: Why? Why contact Locast concerning a Kodi plugin?

No VPN.  I believe the problem is with my having to use AT&T fixed wireless internet (basically cell service) for my internet where I live (a little better than satellite internet - but not much).  
My IP location keeps bouncing around.  
Today, ip-api.com is showing my location as Jackson, CA which is in the Sacramento market area.  But iplocation.net (the service Locast uses) is showing my location as El Segundo, CA which is not in the Sacramento market area.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
(2021-05-15, 19:07)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 17:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 16:02)RKCRLR Wrote: Not the Kodi plugin, the native Locast apps in Android TV and Fire TV.  They appear to have a similar problem with geolocation on my system as the Kodi Locast plugin.  The native Locast apps initially had my market area correct as Sacramento when I installed them but now they are showing Houston as my market area.
No VPN.  I believe the problem is with my having to use AT&T fixed wireless internet (basically cell service) for my internet where I live (a little better than satellite internet - but not much).  
Today, ip-api.com is showing my location as Jackson, CA which is in the Sacramento market area.  But iplocation.net (the service Locast uses) is showing my location as El Segundo, CA which is not in the Sacramento market area.
As long as your reported geolocation (regardless of relevance) is within a market for Locast... The new drop-down list should force your new location. Is this no longer working?
(2021-05-15, 19:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:07)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 17:38)Lunatixz Wrote: Are you using a VPN? Geo location is IP based...
As long as your reported geolocation (regardless of relevance) is within a market for Locast... The new drop-down list should force your new location. Is this no longer working?

I've put Sacramento in the Kodi Locast add-on drop down menu but my lineup shows Phoenix stations.  I've tried quitting Kodi, clearing the cache, and restarting Kodi with same results.  The Locast app on my Shield TV still thinks I'm in Houston.
(2021-05-15, 19:38)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:07)RKCRLR Wrote: No VPN.  I believe the problem is with my having to use AT&T fixed wireless internet (basically cell service) for my internet where I live (a little better than satellite internet - but not much).  

I've put Sacramento in the Kodi Locast add-on drop down menu but my lineup shows Phoenix stations.  I've tried quitting Kodi, clearing the cache, and restarting Kodi with same results.  The Locast app on my Shield TV still thinks I'm in Houston.
Lets not concern ourselves with the Locast android app.... I can't speak for it, however I can fix my code.

Select "Sacramento" click okay and exit Kodi... make sure debugging is on in Kodi before exiting... Restart Kodi check locast settings to double check Sacramento and open "Live".
If that data is incorrect please send me the log! THX
(2021-05-15, 19:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:38)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:10)Lunatixz Wrote: As long as your reported geolocation (regardless of relevance) is within a market for Locast... The new drop-down list should force your new location. Is this no longer working?

Lets not concern ourselves with the Locast android app.... I can't speak for it, however I can fix my code.

Select "Sacramento" click okay and exit Kodi... make sure debugging is on in Kodi before exiting... Restart Kodi check locast settings to double check Sacramento and open "Live".
Did steps above and I still have Phoenix channels when I open "Live".  
Kodi debug file posted here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ezoyitumut.kodi
THX
(2021-05-15, 22:42)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:38)RKCRLR Wrote: I've put Sacramento in the Kodi Locast add-on drop down menu but my lineup shows Phoenix stations.  I've tried quitting Kodi, clearing the cache, and restarting Kodi with same results.  The Locast app on my Shield TV still thinks I'm in Houston.

THX
Hmm, something isn't right... Try uninstalling Locast and select to clear/remove settings when prompted.
Then reinstall and go through all the steps...
(2021-05-15, 23:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 22:42)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:49)Lunatixz Wrote: Lets not concern ourselves with the Locast android app.... I can't speak for it, however I can fix my code.

THX
Hmm, something isn't right... Try uninstalling Locast and select to clear/remove settings when prompted.
Uninstalled the Locast add-on (cleared settings), installed v1.1.4e, and went through all the steps again.  Still showing Phoenix channels and I verified Sacramento stuck as my location setting.
Since uEPG is depreciated and won't work with Matrix what can be used for the guide? I would like to find one that only uses locast. Really liked uPEG....
(2021-05-16, 15:00)flhthemi Wrote: Since uEPG is depreciated and won't work with Matrix what can be used for the guide? I would like to find one that only uses locast. Really liked uPEG....

I answered this question... When you asked it weeks ago.
(2021-05-16, 00:18)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 23:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 22:42)RKCRLR Wrote: Did steps above and I still have Phoenix channels when I open "Live".  
THX
Uninstalled the Locast add-on (cleared settings), installed v1.1.4e, and went through all the steps again.  Still showing Phoenix channels and I verified Sacramento stuck as my location setting.
Thanks, I'll look into it...

I can not replicate this behavior on my end it's working as it should... I see you are still running older versions. Please update to v.1.1.5 and keep updated to the latest build.
(2021-05-16, 17:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 15:00)flhthemi Wrote: Since uEPG is depreciated and won't work with Matrix what can be used for the guide? I would like to find one that only uses locast. Really liked uPEG....

Well I dunno what I'm doing wrong with locast and Pluto and merging. The locast channels don't display the local channel numbers correctly in the guide. So I just thought there might be anudder way..or epg I could use just for locast
(2021-05-16, 18:23)flhthemi Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 17:54)Lunatixz Wrote:

Well I dunno what I'm doing wrong with locast and Pluto and merging. The locast channels don't display the local channel numbers correctly in the guide. So I just thought there might be anudder way..or epg I could use just for locast

Channel numbers are assigned as they are.... Unchanged from Locast; if you are not seeing the correct numbers its because LiveTV is not configured to use the channel numbers from the backend.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locast1