• 19(current)
Broken Locast
(2021-05-16, 18:34)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 18:23)flhthemi Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 17:54)Lunatixz Wrote: I answered this question... When you asked it weeks ago.

Well I dunno what I'm doing wrong with locast and Pluto and merging. The locast channels don't display the local channel numbers correctly in the guide. So I just thought there might be anudder way..or epg I could use just for locast

Channel numbers are assigned as they are.... Unchanged from Locast; if you are not seeing the correct numbers its because LiveTV is not configured to use the channel numbers from the backend.

OK I'll check that out....I wonder if there is some wiki I could read....I'm beyond my scope of comprehension Smile
(2021-05-16, 17:55)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 00:18)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 23:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Hmm, something isn't right... Try uninstalling Locast and select to clear/remove settings when prompted.
Then reinstall and go through all the steps...
Uninstalled the Locast add-on (cleared settings), installed v1.1.4e, and went through all the steps again.  Still showing Phoenix channels and I verified Sacramento stuck as my location setting.
Thanks, I'll look into it...

I can not replicate this behavior on my end it's working as it should... I see you are still running older versions. Please update to v.1.1.5 and keep updated to the latest build.

I updated to v.1.1.5 and still have the same issue.  
I'm still running Kodi 19.0 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I'm waiting for 19.1 to be pushed to the Playstore.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
(2021-05-16, 19:36)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 17:55)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 00:18)RKCRLR Wrote: Uninstalled the Locast add-on (cleared settings), installed v1.1.4e, and went through all the steps again.  Still showing Phoenix channels and I verified Sacramento stuck as my location setting.
Thanks, I'll look into it...

I can not replicate this behavior on my end it's working as it should... I see you are still running older versions. Please update to v.1.1.5 and keep updated to the latest build.

I'm still running Kodi 19.0 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I'm waiting for 19.1 to be pushed to the Playstore.

I'm not sure what's going on... your log indicates that your settings are loading Phonix and not Sacramento. Yet you are telling me Sacramento is set... You have to try and delete your settings.xml for locast addon_data folder manually and reconfigure also make sure you don't have two installs of locast maybe you unzipped one manually?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-05-16, 19:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 19:36)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 17:55)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks, I'll look into it...

I'm not sure what's going on... your log indicates that your settings are loading Phonix and not Sacramento. Yet you are telling me Sacramento is set... You have to try and delete your settings.xml for locast addon_data folder manually and reconfigure also make sure you don't have two installs of locast maybe you unzipped one manually?

I deleted the settings.xml file and signed into Locast again using Sacramento.  Phoenix channels still Showing.  

I uninstalled the Locast add-on, searched for anything with Locast (found the v.1.1.5 zip file and deleted it), quite Kodi, forced stop and cleared cache, restarted Kodi and reinstalled the Locast plugin.  Phoenix channels still showing up.  

I did try to install a zip version when the Locast update wasn't showing up in your repository.  I did a search of the Kodi directory for "Phoenix".  I found a file called phoenix.py in the "org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\youtube_dl\extractor" directory that was created on the same day (May 6) that I tried to install the zip Locast file.  
I also found a file called Phoenix in the "org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\script.module.pytz\lib\pytz\zoneinfo\America" directory that was created on May 3.  

Should I delete either of these files?
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
(2021-05-16, 20:41)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 19:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 19:36)RKCRLR Wrote: I updated to v.1.1.5 and still have the same issue.  

I deleted the settings.xml file and signed into Locast again using Sacramento.  Phoenix channels still Showing.  

I uninstalled the Locast add-on, searched for anything with Locast (found the v.1.1.5 zip file and deleted it), quite Kodi, forced stop and cleared cache, restarted Kodi and reinstalled the Locast plugin.  Phoenix channels still showing up.  

I did try to install a zip version when the Locast update wasn't showing up in your repository.  I did a search of the Kodi directory for "Phoenix".  I found a file called phoenix.py in the "org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\youtube_dl\extractor" directory that was created on the same day (May 6) that I tried to install the zip Locast file.  
I also found a file called Phoenix in the "org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\script.module.pytz\lib\pytz\zoneinfo\America" directory that was created on May 3.  

Should I delete either of these files?
No, don't delete anything... can I get another log from you?

Close Kodi, relaunch, open locast settings not the plugin... select sacramento, click okay then open locast and live... send me that log pls. I'm not sure what i'm missing... on my end this works.

I'll figure it out Smile
Thanks for your perseverance  Blush

Log can be found here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/inasuyamig.kodi

One note.  I'm in the process of setting up a Ugoos X3 Cube as a dedicated Tvheadend server using CoreELEC.  I installed the Locast add-on it and it shows Sacramento stations.
(2021-05-16, 21:11)RKCRLR Wrote: Thanks for your perseverance  Blush

Log can be found here:

One note.  I'm in the process of setting up a Ugoos X3 Cube as a dedicated Tvheadend server using CoreELEC.  I installed the Locast add-on it and it shows Sacramento stations.
Okay, I think I figured it out... your url cache must be malformed. Close Kodi; delete  `userdata\addon_data\script.module.simplecache\simplecache.db` and repeat all the steps list above.
(2021-05-16, 22:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 21:11)RKCRLR Wrote: Thanks for your perseverance  Blush

Log can be found here:

Okay, I think I figured it out... your url cache must be malformed. Close Kodi; delete  `userdata\addon_data\script.module.simplecache\simplecache.db` and repeat all the steps list above.
That worked!!

Now, the next issue is the Locast channels don't show up in the EPG.  I go to IPTV Manager and do a refresh but the Locast channels don't show up (and PlutoTV channels show up but don't have current information - this has been an ongoing issue).  It acts like it is refreshing the data but they don't show up in the EPG.  

I do use Tvheadend for OTA reception.  Locast is a backup (I live in a fringe reception area).  So the Locast channel numbers are a repeat of the OTA channel numbers.  

Are the Locast channels not showing up in the EPG a Locast issue, a IPTV Manager issue, or an IPTV Simple Client issue? 

Thanks!
I've got everything going on 1.1.16a and iptv manager 0.2.3a, except the correct show entries in the epg were all positioned four hours in the past (i'm in the philly zone). pluto tv entries are positioned correctly.

i could change the offset in the iptv simple client, but that fixes one and breaks the other.

looking deeper, i did this:

in locast.py i added a new helper function:
def getDateTimeUTC(self, timestamp):
return datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(timestamp,tz=pytz.UTC)

then in buildStation, i made this change:
try: starttime = self.getDateTimeUTC(int(str(listing['startTime'])[:-3]))

dumping the epg and regenerating everything looks ducky now. am i the only one seeing this issue?
@WonkoDerp thanks however it's not a universal solution; v.1.1.7 should fix your issues... and work in all use cases.
(2021-06-02, 04:17)Lunatixz Wrote: @WonkoDerp thanks however it's not a universal solution; v.1.1.7 should fix your issues... and work in all use cases.

i see, makes sense. verified it works. thanks!
Hi, Lunatixz 

A possibility for program recording for locast supporters with this add-on?  Blush
Update: Locast has added profiles!

Also add closed captioning
(2021-06-23, 10:28)27hectormanuel Wrote: Update: Locast has added profiles!

I'll look into closed captioning.... however, profiles are redundant to Kodi profiles... Unless I'm unaware of some unique feature regarding it... this feature will be ignored.
(2021-06-23, 18:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-06-23, 10:28)27hectormanuel Wrote: Update: Locast has added profiles!

I'll look into closed captioning.... however, profiles are redundant to Kodi profiles... Unless I'm unaware of some unique feature regarding it... this feature will be ignored.

Favorite channels and cc options for each profile.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locast1