• 3(current)
Broken Locast
Hi,

Thanks for the add on. Looking forward to using it all the time.

I'm in a supported region. However, I'm getting channels from a different region. Anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,
If anyone's interested, there's another option to view Locast now. I use both this and the Kodi add-on.
Thanks for the info... Please, lets keep this thread on topic with Locast plugin support. = )
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-12-11, 04:50)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2018-12-11, 04:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2018-12-11, 03:30)feerlessleadr Wrote:  
Ok, I figured out the problem. My pi-hole was apparently blocking the address that locast uses to determine your IP location, which was causing the add-on to fail. 

which site did you need to unblock on your pihole? I'm having the exact same geo-restricted issue. Works fine through website, but "out of area" message via the kodi addon.
to be honest, it started happening again even with the site whitelisted (can't remember what the site was), so I kind of gave up.
(2019-01-24, 02:28)thezencowsaysmu Wrote:
(2018-12-11, 04:50)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2018-12-11, 04:11)Lunatixz Wrote:  
Ok, I figured out the problem. My pi-hole was apparently blocking the address that locast uses to determine your IP location, which was causing the add-on to fail.  

which site did you need to unblock on your pihole? I'm having the exact same geo-restricted issue. Works fine through website, but "out of area" message via the kodi addon. 
 http://ip-api.com
(2019-01-24, 03:12)feerlessleadr Wrote: to be honest, it started happening again even with the site whitelisted (can't remember what the site was), so I kind of gave up.
Plugin is working... Double check that your device can access http://ip-api.com and remember username/password are cap sensitive.
I’m getting a locast message to become a $5 premium member every 15 minutes and it kicks me off the stream- is this normal?
(2019-02-02, 01:17)Yakudi Wrote: I’m getting a locast message to become a $5 premium member every 15 minutes and it kicks me off the stream- is this normal?
 Nope, doesn't sound like you are using this plugin... or service since Locast is a non-profit that only accepts donations; which are not solicited.
Actually, it looks like they made this change recently. I am using the plugin but still getting these nags. It’s being reported in reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/com...the_shark/
Looks like they made the change recently, the nags are real. I am using the app. It’s being reported in Reddit also in the cordcutters subreddit
(2019-02-02, 04:01)Yakudi Wrote: Looks like they made the change recently, the nags are real. I am using the app. It’s being reported in Reddit also in the cordcutters subreddit
meant to say I’m using the plugin
Thanks for the heads up... this is unfortunate. Perhaps they will correct this behavior, otherwise, I'll mark the plugin as broken.
I paid $5 and the adds disappeared on all 9 cities but they want $5 month so at end of month will see if adds come back.
The plugin is working very well for me, and I am new to Kodi.
Thank you for this plugin, locast is just what I need, as my location shows on antenna web as not able to receive anything in my area.

I have  been trying to figure out how to PVR programs from locast, however it seems everything I can find refers to anttenna inputs and converting signal.

Since it seems that locast is already IP (?) and would not need any conversion, just integration with something to record for streaming from my video library later.

If you can point me to the right resource to gain an understanding of what I need to acquire to PVR - or at least point to 1 example that i could use to shop around, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.
-james
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locast1