Any way to make Addon for messages
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to make an addon in Kodi to receive messages from another Kodi users and store it if I want to read it later.

For example: if Kodi user-A send message to Kodi user-B..then User-B will see message Notification and go to inbox to read it also and can delete it.

How is possible to do this in Kodi ?

I am appreciate every help  Angel
Everyone has a "smart phone" these days, including Facebook, Whatsapp, etcetera.
Why should Kodi reinvent the wheel for messaging on home theater devices?
(2018-09-05, 18:23)Spiderfish Wrote: For example: if Kodi user-A send message to Kodi user-B..then User-B will see message Notification and go to inbox to read it also and can delete it.

This should already exist:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Mail

All you need is an email adress. That would be generally in the same way as any message client out there works as well. Someone sends a message to a server, the server decides to whom the message belongs (phone number, email, whatever) and sends the message to the specific user.

Basically, every email server/client combination is nothing more than what WhatsApp or any other messenger uses. So, there's really no need to reinvent the wheel.

But we won't stop you to write your own messenger service Wink . Feel free to provide us any code which might get implemented as an add-on. But don't expect someone else to do the work for you if you don't provide any kind of code Wink. Start working on it, open a thread, talk about your problems, provide the code and I could imagine that others might jump in to help.
@DaVu

Yeah thank you ..I was be able to send notification message from one xbmc to another in the same network through Jason rpc with python. and I am wonder if I can get these notification like in log file or store some where in kodi to read them.

I don't want to use it like whatsapp or massenger  Big Grin  I want to create like ready message or notification for example " please bring glass of water with you" and this message go to another xbmc and read it and at the same time store it if I want to read it again  Undecided .

I am working on it how to figure it out and will get back to open a thread if I have any question  Wink
pushbullet add-on ?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to make Addon for messages0