Can Kodi's bulit in VideoPlayer handle rtsps protocol?
Writing my first plugin, scanned the threads and did not see an answer to this question.

I'm trying to create a plugin (arloview) that displays my Arlo camera streams in Kodi.  I have this working in straight python using this package.  I am now trying to incorporate into a plugin.  It appears Arlo (aka Netgear) uses rtsps: to stream the feed.  It seems that Kodi does not recognize that protocol (even though I think it's basically rtsp) and fails to play the stream.  

As a tactical solution, I've gotten around this by first calling ffmpeg to handle the stream, translate it to flv and re-stream to localhost via udp to the Kodi VideoPlayer
Quote:ffmpeg -re -i rstps://Arlo_url -t 30 -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -maxrate 3000k -bufsize 6000k -pix_fmt yuv420p -g 50 -c:a aac -b:a 160k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -f flv udp://127.0.0.1:1234
Works great on a windows machine, however, when trying to get it to work on my Pi's, it appears LibreElec has a streamlined version of ffmpeg that does not support this re-hosting of the stream.

Is there any way to get Kodi to use its built-in ffmpeg to recognize and play these streams?

Logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gDSzdt4WDH/
fairly certain https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14392 will do it.
Nice!  I agree, looks like that will work.  Thank you.

Being new to Kodi development, not quite sure of next steps. I suspect I won't see that back-ported to Krypton (unless I recompile myself).  Will it be included in the new Leia version (and when)?
no backports to krypton. it will possibly appear in leia if the maintainer approves and merges it. even if i knew when (and really, i do not), i wouldn't be allowed to tell you Wink
You could always make your addon and use externalplayer to support it,
or make service that would convert it to local file (with small delay) and play local files (pipe)
(2018-09-06, 16:09)poppy_pl Wrote: You could always make your addon and use externalplayer to support it,
or make service that would convert it to local file (with small delay) and play local files (pipe)
 Yep, did this and it works great for windows, however, on LibreElec, I don't have any alternative players to use...
Did you try nginx_rtmp build and make nagix restream your stream and get it from there ?
worse case scenario you could make shortcut inside kodi to launch mpv and it should work from there.
Hmm. not sure how to do that (especially on LibreElec closed environment).  I'll do a little research and see what I can find out...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi's bulit in VideoPlayer handle rtsps protocol?0