Solved tvshows/episode do not play anymore after upgrade from v16 to v17
Hello,

after upgrading Kodi from v16 to v17 i only get the message "This file is no longer available. ..." if i want play any episode from a tvshow.

If i downgrade back to v16 than eposides play correctly.

I have upgraded my database several times but the result is the same. I also checked the data in the two dabases (KVideo99, KVideo107) and the file locations are all corect.

I also changed the skin back to Confluence without success.

If I look at the episode's information in the video library, the file name I see in the Estuary skin is "2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv/1.000000" instead "2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv".

Movies, on the other hand, are played correctly.

My Kodi runs on Windows 10 with MySQL database backend. My files are on a NAS and it is accessed via SMB protocol. Usernames and passwords are all correct (video library list all directories and files correctly).

I also tested v18 and get the same message as well.

Can anyone help?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen,

here are my kodi.log:

https://pastebin.com/vsJvyAiP

A little update:

If i choose play from the context menu in the video library then the file are played. But if i select the "Play" button from the episode's information screen (in video library) it jumps back to episodes list

My "default select action" is "Show information" (Settings -> Media -> Videos).
Had anybody an idea?
Sorry but I don't use MySQL, so not familiar with it. Nothing in the log jumps out except for the weird path you mentioned above.

But there are lots of path substitutions and wonder if this is the problem. The first <substitue> is messed up. Looks like a comment gone wrong.

Hopefully others may be able to assist.

--Edit--
Ah, just saw your closing comment. So the whole path substitition is commented out. Is that correct?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, the whole path substitition is commented out. Wink

-- Edit --

I have removed the whole path substitition node. But nothing has changed. Sad
The comment wasn't quite right, but I guess Kodi figured it out regardless Wink

Anyway, the only thing jumping out at me in your log, is that there is no path information for the videos that appear to end /1.000000  No smb://, c:\, nfs://, or anything.  Then later on, we see "smb://IDUN/tvshows/" on the front (which is what I'd expect to see).  Have you possibly added these episodes twice, with one set as a local path (or on a locally mounted share off your NAS) and one set as a network path ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-09-17, 14:24)black_eagle Wrote: The comment wasn't quite right, but I guess Kodi figured it out regardless Wink
The comment was correct. My Text-/XML-Editor highlighted it correct. Wink

(2018-09-17, 14:24)black_eagle Wrote: Anyway, the only thing jumping out at me in your log, is that there is no path information for the videos that appear to end /1.000000  No smb://, c:\, nfs://, or anything.  Then later on, we see "smb://IDUN/tvshows/" on the front (which is what I'd expect to see).  Have you possibly added these episodes twice, with one set as a local path (or on a locally mounted share off your NAS) and one set as a network path ?
It is not only this specific episode. The problem exists on any episode on any show.

Here is an excerpt from my database for an example episode:

episode: SELECT idEpisode, idFile, c00, c18 FROM `episode` WHERE `c18` LIKE '%2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv%'
|----------|-------|-------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|idEpisode |idFile |c00                |c18                                                            |
|----------|-------|-------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|6409      |7280   |Reboot in Brooklyn |smb://IDUN/tvshows/2 Broke Girls/2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv |

files: SELECT idFile, idPath, strFilename FROM `files` WHERE `strFilename` LIKE '%2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv%'
|-------|-------|------------------------------|
|idFile |idPath |strFilename                   |
|7280   |8      |2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv |

path: SELECT idPath, strPath, idParentPath FROM `path` WHERE `idPath` IN (2,8) ORDER BY `idPath` ASC
|-------|----------------------------------|-------------|
|idPath |strPath                           |idParentPath |
|2      |smb://IDUN/tvshows/               |NULL         |
|8      |smb://IDUN/tvshows/2 Broke Girls/ |2            |

So all paths in the database are correct and the episode does not exists twice. The same data I get synonymous for Kodi v16. And there I can play the episodes without problems.

I think the entry with 'smb://IDUN/tvshows/' in front is the entry, when i choose play from context menu and the other entries are the ones, when i choose the episode direct.
After reseach in the skin files, i found in file DialogVideoInfo.xml on line 506 $VAR[VideoInfoBottomLabelVar] which are the content of the line under buttons on the episode's information page. The value for VideoInfoBottomLabelVar are set in file Variables.xml on line 259-262, esspecially 261.

When i experiment with the ListItem values i get follow results for an example episode:

ListItem.FileNameAndPath        2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv/1.000000
ListItem.FileName               1.000000
ListItem.Path                   2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv
ListItem.FolderName             2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv
ListItem.FolderPath             2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv/1.000000

So i think ListItem will filled with false data.
Yeah, you appear to have the path set as the episode and the filename as '1.000000'.  Something's messing up parsing out the right values but I can't reproduce it here (V18 beta3).  Have you tried a recent build ?  I know your SQL library will get updated, but the old ones will still be there should you need to downgrade again.  I doubt (m)any fixes will be backported to 17 now.

My xml editor flagged the comment line as incorrect, but it's by the by anyway, as it's clearly not where your issue lies and I think you'd already established that by removing the block in question.  I guess what I would try now is a different skin to see if it's skin related or core related (you might have done this already ?).
(2018-09-17, 16:33)black_eagle Wrote: Have you tried a recent build ?  I know your SQL library will get updated, but the old ones will still be there should you need to downgrade again.  I doubt (m)any fixes will be backported to 17 now.

I have also tested v18 (Alpha3 and Beta1) and have the same problem. And i have the problem on my pc (Alpha3 and Beta1) and on my Xbox One X (Alpha3).

(2018-09-17, 16:33)black_eagle Wrote: I guess what I would try now is a different skin to see if it's skin related or core related (you might have done this already ?).

I have also tested another skin (Confluence) and the error still exists.

(2018-09-08, 23:06)Valgard Wrote: I also changed the skin back to Confluence without success.
Ah, pretty much done all I would have done to try and track it down.  The only other thing I can really suggest is (although I agree that the database looks right) to try dropping the db, let Kodi create a fresh empty one and re-scrape some tv shows and see if it still occurs - I think I'm probably clutching at straws here though as all my shows, both over smb and nfs, work correctly.  I know that's no use to you though.  Portable mode might be an area to explore, with a local sqlite db just in case MySQL is causing the issue somehow.  Apart from that, I'm out of ideas Sad
So, i have create a new database (added an character to database name in advancedsettings.xml) and re-scraped my example show. Now i can play the episodes.

But I do not see any differences in the data in the database:

+-----------+--------+--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| idEpisode | idFile | c00                | c18                                                            |
+-----------+--------+--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
|         1 |      1 | Reboot in Brooklyn | smb://IDUN/tvshows/2 Broke Girls/2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv |

+--------+--------+-------------------------------+
| idFile | idPath | strFilename                   |
|      1 |      3 | 2 Broke Girls - S01 - E01.mkv |

+--------+-----------------------------------+--------------+
| idPath | strPath                           | idParentPath |
|      2 | smb://IDUN/tvshows/               |         NULL |
|      3 | smb://IDUN/tvshows/2 Broke Girls/ |            2 |

Scraper und Scraper-Settings are the same.

If i switch back, than the episodes does not play. Sad
Okay, i found the error. It lies in the views.

A long time ago i have tested an addon, which added new fields to episodes table. The fields are still in the table.

The v16 database do not contain the new fields in episode_view. But after update to v17/v18 the new fields were now in episode_view and so the order of fields in episodes_view is not more the same as in v16 database.

So i removed the the fields in v16 database and do update to v17. And now i can play the episodes. Smile

Thanks for help and inspiration to solve the problem. Angel
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvshows/episode do not play anymore after upgrade from v16 to v170