Solved Kodi Hangs when NAS Database not found.
My Kodi Database is on a NFS - NAS system, and works very well. However when I take a laptop or Android phone away from home, and try to start Kodi (for streaming Radio/IPTV) Kodi hangs while looking for the database. 
This can take at least 10 minutes to clear.

Is there any switch/option/workaround that will force Kodi to give up looking for the database after say 30 seconds?
No, Kodi needs those databases.
(2018-09-13, 21:58)gandalf99 Wrote: Is there any switch/option/workaround
You could set up two profiles, one with and one without linkage to the NAS databases.
Try turning off WiFi until Kodi starts. Once going you can turn it on again.

I've had the same issue with my Tablets. With the WiFi off start times are about normal

Good Luck
I have an advancedsettings.xml file with my NAS (Maria SQL) databases defined within, but I also have local SQLite databases as backups. When I want to switch between MariaDB and local, I simply comment out the database lines in the advancedsettings.xml file (<!-- -->) and fire up Kodi, it then uses the local db's rather than the Maria DB ones. There's probably some way you could have two advancedsettings.xmls, one with remote databases defined, and one without, then switch between them by way of a batch script or autohotkey script, but I wouldn't be able to advise you on that in terms of actual code.
>> You could set up two profiles, one with and one without linkage to the NAS databases.

Thanks Klojum ... That would be a neat way of doing it, if it worked... BUT it would appear that Kodi looks for the NAS resources BEFORE it brings up the Profile menu.. It still hangs with no NAS, but when you rename/comment out the advancedsettings.xml file, it then starts up and shows the Profile menu..

However Terryjs suggestion to turn off the WiFi, is even simpler, and also works on a PC, and allows the Profile menu to come up, and the required profile to be selected.. Then re-enable the WiFi...

Thanks all for your suggestions..

>> Is it worth putting in a change-request, for the Profile menu to be launched ASAP in Kodi's startup?

Andrew
(2018-09-17, 04:16)gandalf99 Wrote: Is it worth putting in a change-request, for the Profile menu to be launched ASAP in Kodi's startup?
No. Profiles is receiving a long overdue overhaul. Work has only just commenced and it is a major job as "all kodi roads link back to Profiles". Don't expect anything until at least v19.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It depends how you set it up.

Currently the master profile is loaded before the selection screen, so if that has the mySQL or other remote database in it then it won't work. But if you leave the master profile blank and use two other profiles with local and remote then it works.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren,   That works.

Andrew
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Hangs when NAS Database not found.0