v17 Problem copying favourites.xml to different PC
Hello, this is my first forum post. I have searched and searched but can't find a solution to my problem below.

I have an installation of 17.3 on a desktop PC (Win 10) with everything working perfectly. I have a few favourites that I want to copy over to a new installation of 17.6 on a laptop PC (also Win 10).  I have copied favourites.xml from the desktop and pasted it into the appropriate folder on the laptop. On the laptop, all the favourites show up in Kodi with the correct names but: A) the thumbnail icons are all stars, and B) when clicking on the icons to launch the favourite, nothing happens.  I get the same behaviour on 17.6 on a Macbook as well. 

Any idea if there is a way of fixing this? I'm open to suggestions!

As a side note, I also have these same favourites on a Raspberry Pi (running 16.1) and on an android box (running 17.6) and they work as expected on those two devices.
One possibility: favorites may be linked to add-ons that are not yet installed on the new Kodi device.
Also, icons from the 'Radio' add-on may not appear when the favorites.xml file is copied to another Kodi device where the 'Radio' add-on was installed but the radio station has not been initialized.
Thanks for the suggestion. You're probably on to something there. 

I made the favourites list by adding certain streams from a couple of once popular but now defunct add-ons. The add-ons went down long ago but I am still able to access the streams from my favourties list. I thought that simply copying the favourites.xml to a new machine would allow me to access the streams from the new machine.  There must be more to it, like some remnants of the add-ons that support playback of the stream even though the add-ons are no longer functional.

Thanks for taking the time to chime in. Appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem copying favourites.xml to different PC0