v17 ubuntu 18.04+AMD VEGA56 can not using HARDWARE decode.
Sorry
Kodi can not be started normally by using apt install except snap.  (WITH AMDGPU-PRO)
Thanks for reply.
i increased the log level to INFO.    I pasted into website.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/zrmcFDss2z/
No support for amdgpu-pro
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170530-82eed1a-dirty). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit <- 2017 05 30 - are you kidding me?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-09-22, 01:09)KOSKERS Wrote: I just using PPA for install the newest KODI.  
Can not be started .
Is there any conflict between amdgpu-pro and kodiHuh

libva info: VA-API version 1.1.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_1
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
: CommandLine Error: Option 'help-list' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This particular crash is because you are using the VAAPI driver from Mesa with AMDGPU-PRO. /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so is from mesa-va-drivers. The one that ships with AMDGPU-PRO is in /opt somewhere. You need to configure the VAAPI driver path. Google how to do that for AMDGPU-PRO.

In any case, AMDGPU-PRO notoriously doesn't work with Kodi because it has broken EGL support. It won't work until AMD fixes that.

If your concern is DOTA2 performance, just use Mesa 18.2. Look at the benchmarks. Mess was better in OpenGL and the same in Vulkan for DOTA2.
HAHAHAHA.
It looks like the snap repository is very old for KODI.
i am trying to add PPA nightly for installing the newest version.

BTW, will kodi supports the AMDGPU-PRO in the future? maybe KODI 19 20?
(2018-09-23, 14:51)yasij Wrote:
(2018-09-22, 01:09)KOSKERS Wrote: I just using PPA for install the newest KODI.  
Can not be started .
Is there any conflict between amdgpu-pro and kodiHuh

libva info: VA-API version 1.1.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_1
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
: CommandLine Error: Option 'help-list' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This particular crash is because you are using the VAAPI driver from Mesa with AMDGPU-PRO. /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so is from mesa-va-drivers. The one that ships with AMDGPU-PRO is in /opt somewhere. You need to configure the VAAPI driver path. Google how to do that for AMDGPU-PRO.

In any case, AMDGPU-PRO notoriously doesn't work with Kodi because it has broken EGL support. It won't work until AMD fixes that.

If your concern is DOTA2 performance, just use Mesa 18.2. Look at the benchmarks. Mess was better in OpenGL and the same in Vulkan for DOTA2. 
Thanks.  So the AMDGPU 18.30 is better than PRO right?   i remember that PRO driver contain some black technology such as (FREESYNC, UNDERVOLTE,AUTOMAN) that why i want to use PRO.   If i am wrong i will install the AMDGPU  non-PRO
(2018-09-23, 12:58)fritsch Wrote: Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170530-82eed1a-dirty). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit <- 2017 05 30 - are you kidding me?
 Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After i change back to AMDGPU NON-PRO and insrtall the 18.1 by PPA
H.264 HW  Smile
H.265 HEVC 4K 60bits   HDR    Big Grin   

CPU UNDER 4% usage.
 WOW....KODI NICE.... NOW I WILL TEST 4K 120FPS H.265 10BITS MOVIE.
(2018-09-23, 12:58)fritsch Wrote: Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170530-82eed1a-dirty). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit <- 2017 05 30 - are you kidding me?
 KODI real good!!!!   it can hardware decode almost all 4K format whatever by h265 or 265 with 60fps.  BUT for this CRAZY video ONLY software decode.
This crazy format  is only for fun. Because it is very rare to use it.   The author is just to destroy your CPU  Smile
U can try to download and play it by KODI if u r interesting for this video.
My CPU R5 1400 is ORZ....

VIDEO. PLZ DOWNLOAD AND PLAY IT
https://share.weiyun.com/50Uavad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ubuntu 18.04+AMD VEGA56 can not using HARDWARE decode.0