v18 Subtitle doesn't show
I have a TV show that has subtitle track encoded, it's a non-forced subtitle track. Each time I play it, the subtitle won't show. I enable the subtitle from the Subtitle Settings dialog, then the subtitle shows. But next time I play the file, it still doesn't show. And the enable subtitle option in Subtitle Settings dialog is turned off automatically. I tested forced subtitle track, it works as expected.

Why enable subtitle option in Subtitle Settings dialog can be turned on/off automatically based on file played? Isn't it an user's choice? I want to turn on subtitle for all my movies/TV shows by default, is there any way to do this?
(2018-09-22, 07:27)xodi Wrote: Why enable subtitle option in Subtitle Settings dialog can be turned on/off automatically based on file played? Isn't it an user's choice? I want to turn on subtitle for all my movies/TV shows by default, is there any way to do this?

There should be a button that says something like "apply for all" at the lower end of that dialog.
(2018-09-22, 08:30)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2018-09-22, 07:27)xodi Wrote: Why enable subtitle option in Subtitle Settings dialog can be turned on/off automatically based on file played? Isn't it an user's choice? I want to turn on subtitle for all my movies/TV shows by default, is there any way to do this?

There should be a button that says something like "apply for all" at the lower end of that dialog.   
Forgot to mention, I tried that button (set as default for all media) many times, it didn't work.

From what I can see, the enable subtitle option is only turned on by forced subtitle track and external subtitle files automatically. Manually settings doesn't work always.

I did find something like this in log when turn on the subtitle, seems related with this. I also tried to directly add setting "subtitles.enable" to guisettings.xml and skin settings file, but my modification got overwrite immediately when Kodi exit.

DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSettings.xml) ------
DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.enable) was not found.
DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.delay) was not found.
DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.stream) was not found.
DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.browser) was not found.
DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.search) was not found.
DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.makedefault) was not found.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle doesn't show0