RAM Assignment for kodi Xbox One
I noticed kodi on Xbox one has 2.5gb total ram when I know if has alot more. if the amount was chosen for conservative then I think minimum should be 4GB of RAM.

It would be good idea to match or improve on Nvidia shield as a console/stream box competitor and 4gb really needs the minimum ram these days

thanks
What does it really matter? Are you trying to play videos that exceed 2.5GB worth of memory? If not, I repeat: what does it matter?
Well 4GB of RAM has became the standard/minimum for windows (xbox) these days and since the xbox has DDR4 4GB of ram would be true competitor to long time winner stream box NVIDIA shield 

but in terms of videos why not 4k/8k x265 10-bit/12-bit videos

thanks
we use what we are given by the environment. there is no choice taken kodi side.
(2018-10-02, 06:08)pcwizard7 Wrote: Well 4GB of RAM has became the standard/minimum for windows (xbox) these days and since the xbox has DDR4 4GB of ram would be true competitor to long time winner stream box NVIDIA shield 

but in terms of videos why not 4k/8k x265 10-bit/12-bit videos

thanks
 Again, setting aside spiff's answer, what do you gain by having 4GB of RAM over 2 or 2.5GB aside from a bigger number? Do you have videos that will not play with the current 2.5GB cap? Is there some other function that isn't working as a direct result of insufficient RAM? If all the RAM is going to do is sit there unused, what's the point of having it in the first place? You mention 8K videos, but how many of those do you actually have right now? Do you have an 8K TV to watch them on (if yes, we're having a party at your house Big Grin )? Even the Xbox One X, AFAIK, will not output an 8K signal -- someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking HDMI 2.0 doesn't have the bandwidth for 8K HDR content, and there are no devices out with HDMI 2.1 support. I'm not trying to ask you trick questions or anything, just trying to get you to think your argument all the way through.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAM Assignment for kodi Xbox One0