Picture Slideshow crashes
Hi,

I'm still having issues running a recursive slideshow on Kodi 17.6 with a UPnP link to my Windows 10 server.  I've pulled off a 5Mb log file, but for the life of me I can't follow the entries.  Tried searching for 'error' and whilst the file has a load of these, the thing it reports as an error is not in plain English.  Tried searching for 'Fatal' and it finds a load of 'NonFatel' content, usually about incorrect lat/long values.

What else should I be looking for please?

I set everything to 'on' in the logging, so hopefully I've got the error captured in the log fileHuh

Any help gratefully received Smile
Kodi 19.3 on : Windows 10 Server
Kodi 19.3 on : Lenovo Tab 3 10" Android - (Now SMB share to Win 10 Server - See Post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2847071)
I've split your post as you were in a 2017 old thread. I also cleaned up your signature a bit (there is a 4 line text limit)

(2018-09-28, 12:12)Hyde Wrote: I'm still having issues running a recursive slideshow on Kodi 17.6 with a UPnP link to my Windows 10 server. 
So the pics are on the Win10 server, what is your client device running the slideshow on?

(2018-09-28, 12:12)Hyde Wrote: I set everything to 'on' in the logging,
That is not the best approach... and the best way to get 5+ MB large log files.
Just start with enabling debugging only, and start from there.
Many thanks, I'll try the more simple logging.

Yes, source is a Windows 10 server.  Connection is via UPnP.  Display device is a Lenovo Tab 3.

Have also now installed 'Log Viewer for Kodi' and 'Kodi Logfile Uploader' in case we need those the next time around.

I'll check and update my sig soon.

Thanks.
Kodi 19.3 on : Lenovo Tab 3 10" Android - (Now SMB share to Win 10 Server - See Post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2847071)
Well that's annoying!  It blew away fairly quickly, less than a couple of hours or so.  Trouble is that in order to get it back I have to delete all the data associated with the Kodi app and that takes out the two tools for loading and submitting the log file that should be listed under Program Add-ons.  I have tried just deleting the cache but that doesn't work.  Kodi, when started again, lists my mapped source one level down from where it was.  So instead of it listing all the folder years that I sort my pictures into, it shows for example...
  • Pictures
  • My Gallery (the UPnP mapped source)
  • Picture add-ons
  • Add pictures
Clicking on 'My Gallery' then displays something odd.  Instead of the folders for all the years it shows instead...
  • My Gallery
Clicking 'My Gallery' just loops back round this menu screen.  It never expands My Gallery to show the sub-folders. 

What I should get is...
  • 200 etc. etc.
Only by deleting all the data for the app can I re-start Kodi and re-enter the UPnP mapping to the folders that contain my picture sub-folders.
If I click 'My Gallery' it just loops back to the this menu again.

Any thoughts on what I could do?
I've kinda side stepped the real issue...

I've switched from using UPnP as the connection method to SMB share and things are very stable now (fingers crossed!)

One minor irritation has occurred with this workaround though...

Under UPnP Kodi never attempted to play the video files in the sub folders that contain my pictures.  Using SMB it does, but fails rather badly.  It displays random frames from the video files and displays them for about the same length of time as it would to actually play the video file in full.  So...

Is there a way to get Kodi to display a frame from the video file using the same transition effects for the picture files?  Or...
Stop Kodi from attempting to do anything with the video files? [edit] - found the options for this, but would really like to know if the above option is achievable?]

Thanks in advance Smile
Now on 19.3 matrix. It's been reasonably stable since changing the connection type as per my previous posts.

But one device just keeps crashing again.

Nothings changed in my setup, I even have two of the same devices running a recursive slideshow, one crashes, the other doesn't!?!?
(2022-07-30, 22:54)Hyde Wrote: Now on 19.3 matrix. It's been reasonably stable since changing the connection type as per my previous posts.

But one device just keeps crashing again.

Nothings changed in my setup, I even have two of the same devices running a recursive slideshow, one crashes, the other doesn't!?!?

If you ever want to try uPNP again I have a slideshow viewer built-in to the Mezzmo Kodi Addon now which works with most uPNP servers.  I've tested it with 10,000 images.  This capability didn't exist back in 2018.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow crashes0